[QUOTE=silenus]
What about David Fury? No love for The Mustard Man?
[/QUOTE]
he wasn’t essential to the story - but he does have a lovely voice.
if you’re going to count minor characters, the demons and the boy toy in “Going Through The Motions” were also good singers
I really didn’t expect to like it. I thought it was a dumb idea and entirely too gimmicky
But I thought it was pretty fun. And then my dad came down and I watched it again (he hates all the cop shows I have TiVoed and I despise South Park and all his other shows. Scrubs is the only thing we can agree on) and I liked it even better the second time around.
The songs are catchy. I still have the “you’re going to be okay” song in my head (although I should probably make sure to catch myself before I start absentmindedly singing, “everything comes down to poo”…)
I normally love Scrubs, enough to declare it my favorite show and make everyone I know watch it, but this episode was very weak. I understand the brilliance they’re trying to produce, the songs were great parodies, but something about the episode just wasn’t cohesive. It didn’t feel like “Scrubs” at all. Not to say I didn’t enjoy it, just not at the level I usually do.
Like virtually all Scrubs episodes, it was excellent. Sorry, but if you didn’t whistle “Everything Comes Down To Poo” at least once after the show, you don’t have a soul.
[QUOTE=RickJay]
Like virtually all Scrubs episodes, it was excellent. Sorry, but if you didn’t whistle “Everything Comes Down To Poo” at least once after the show, you don’t have a soul.
[/QUOTE]
Well, at least I got $20 for mine. What’s yours done for you?
Was this the one that ended the first half (right before the commercial?) That one reminded me of Les Mis’s “One Day More” but I think there was also an Evita parody in the second act.
[QUOTE=Shoeless]
I was generally surprised at how well most of the cast sang. I certainly didn’t expect it from, say, the Janitor or Bob Kelso – although there was that one episode where Eliot had a copy of Bob Kelso’s blues tape, and he didn’t sound too bad there either.
[/QUOTE]
Kelso has played guitar on the show once or twice before as well. I’m guessing he dabbles a bit in blues guitar on the side.
We liked it. I thought Guy Love was kind of like the romantic ballads that become top 40 hits from Disney movies. Too bad the appendix joke was spoiled in a commercial.
But my greatest delight came when I read this thread and realized the patient was played by the gal who plays Uma on Oobi. For some reason, I find that hilarious.
[QUOTE=Eyebrows 0f Doom]
Was this the one that ended the first half (right before the commercial?) That one reminded me of Les Mis’s “One Day More” but I think there was also an Evita parody in the second act.
[/QUOTE]
Ditto. Definitely got a heavy “One day More” vibe.
All in all a great episode. Most shows of the sort do a musical episode eventually but I think Scrubs pulled it off better than most.
[QUOTE=Dubious Weasle]
Ditto. Definitely got a heavy “One day More” vibe.
All in all a great episode. Most shows of the sort do a musical episode eventually but I think Scrubs pulled it off better than most.
[/QUOTE]
This is the second time they’ve done it, isn’t it.
I don’t remember the songs from the other one, but there was something about a Surgeon and a Doctor and I believe at least some of the songs where done like West Side Story. Though I may be mixing a few episodes together.
[QUOTE=Joey P]
This is the second time they’ve done it, isn’t it.
I don’t remember the songs from the other one, but there was something about a Surgeon and a Doctor and I believe at least some of the songs where done like West Side Story. Though I may be mixing a few episodes together.
[/QUOTE]
That was one song, in an ep somewhere in the first season IIRC - possibly the second, not a whole episode of singing.