Scrubs is back! 12/01

Can I just comment that the makers of Scrubs have an unhealthy obsession with slender blond females as leads. It reminds me of Hitchcock. Right now they’ve got Lucy, Denise, and the Aussie girl. I don’t think there was another female character who even had a line to deliver. I don’t mind looking at cute blonds, but c’mon - a little variety is nice.

Seriously, her flawlessness is actually a flaw. Love that accent too. :slight_smile:

Was pretty mediocre. I’ll likely still record it each week, but can easily see myself skipping it. The entitled son got old immediately for me. The others were only slightly better. Denise is still hot in an odd way. The aussie is smokin’ hot.

JD gets more sadly pathetic and less entertaining every time I see him. After all this time, he should have outgrown his sad little need for Dr. Cox’s approval.

Maybe after a few weeks the characters will find their stride, but so far I’m underwhelmed.

Which is funny, because if you look up some of her modeling pictures, she’s attractive, but noting…unreasonable.

Actually, I thought he was very Coxian, just a nervous one since he is very much a little fish in a big pond. But he has the face and some of the mannerisms so much that I checked to make sure he isn’t related to McGinley - which I couldn’t find any evidence of.

Then it’d just be a rehashing, and people would (rightly) bitch about them having run out of ideas.

That would be good, but we did have JD and Turk deciding that she was the love child of Jo and Fonzie…which is actually pretty perfect, really.

-Joe

I think this is going to my new prime example of “jumped the shark.” Ugh.

I liked this week’s episode better than the previous two, though I’m really getting tired of JD, already. I don’t want to be him completely different from the JD from the previous eight years, but he seems even more clingy and immature than usual, and considering this is JD, that’s saying something.

Also, is it just me, or does Drew look like Adam Baldwin’s younger brother?

Haven’t watched last night’s episode yet, but I agree that JD is being written way too juvenile. Through most of the main show, he had that quirky dorkiness that was funny, but at his heart, he was a serious doctor who truly wanted to help. At least in the first two episodes, they’ve written him as an 11 year old kid who wants his mommy, not a doctor.

What’s off to me is the premise. Making Sacred Heart a med school hospital is not unreasonable. But then just have the doctors be doctors at the med school hospital, with some limited interaction with the med students. Seriously, JD, Turk, Cox, Todd, Denise, etc…ALL became professors/TAs? Really? I can’t see Cox ever being a professor. If it were a requirement for employment at the ‘new’ Sacred Heart, he’d leave for another hospital.

It seemed to me that Turk is getting tired of him too. And that can’t be good.

I missed the premier last week but I tuned in this week and turned it off half way through the episode. The only intern they kept annoys me. JD went from a person to a weird caricature of what he was and I might try again after he’s left the show. Cox and Turk are still good though. All in all the show it’s gone from quirky with heart to truly annoying.

Are you implying Sarah Chalke is? She’s pretty, but I’ve never really thought she was exceptionally so.

I got that impression, too. Turk is my favorite character on the show (I have the hugest crush on him, actually), so it’s nice to see him acting a little more mature.

Cox and Turk have always been the best part of the show, with the Janitor and Kelso coming a close second. I like Carla, JD, and Elliott, but none of them are anywhere near as interesting as the other four characters.

Most of my thoughts have been said…but not these two:

1. I miss Sunny. She was hot, cute, and probably could have taken the place of 60% of this new chicks personality.

2. I wanna give em props for hiring Wendel the “Miller High Life” guy. I met him at a wal-mart. He’s awesome.

I LOVE that guy! So glad to see him on a series!

Having just done a GIS for Nicky Whelan, I must respectfully disagree. Her hotness is indeed unreasonable.

I didn’t care for the new season at first but I think it’s growing on me. Not as good as the original but that’s setting too high of a bar. Considering most sitcoms that come out in any given year, I think this version of Scrubs is well above average. I’m not sure how it will be without JD or Kelso though.