SD E-Zine

Wow…Demo, I just took a look at your poetry page. Like Water and The Rapture kick ass. Absolutely.

[end hijack]
I sent in a couple graphics, and I’m contemplating sending some written stuff, but… think I might leave that to the people who are actually good at it for a bit.

I’m all about the ezine. Muchest fun.

Quoting the Guidelines:

“Common sense should dictate the length of submissions; think “New Yorker” rather than “Stephen King” length.”

Aren’t New Yorker articles, even columns, Stepher King length anymore? Does enybody remember “Wheat?”

Wow! Thank you so much Chris! :: Need to get back to the drawing board. :wink: ::

You know, I’ve found something kind of scary. When you’re this content in life, the muse is very hard to come upon…

I’m thinking about posting some of my stuff, yet I am not sure where to start with my submissions. What if I want to submit the same work to other places where they might be published? Would this interfere with some rule that I haven’t seen? Eh, I’ll post something anyway. For now, I’ll try to get my poetry section on my work in progress site together first.

-The Shadowed One-

Now this is going to be bloody cool.

I can’t wait to see what all my fellow dopers will contribute to such a place. I think that if I try real hard, I might be able to come up with something worth posting. Though I am sure that it won’t get selected for publishing, just submitting something would be good enough for me.

I often (and I know that manny of you are with me) blow various liquids out my nose and saturate my monitor and keyboard as I burst into uncontrollable laughter because I have read something here that tickles my funny bone.

I can’t wait.
It’s going to be so awesome, I know it is. I only hope that my poor stitch muscles can keep up with the hilarity and my mind can keep up with the… the, uh… what’s that word I’m looking for?

First of all, Cecil writes those columns! :wink: But even if it were Ed doing it, don’t you ever read those columns? They’re all full of “When I spoke with Mr. Jones about…” and “In an e-mail from the President, he said…” How do you think he would get all the little nit-picky info he has? He would have to research some of this stuff. I’d say he’d be an exceptionally busy man. Not to mention the fact that Ed is the administrator of this fine message board.

A couple phone calls and he’s done. The secret of Ed’s, errrr, I mean CECIL’s success is that brilliant brain knows who to call! And with authorities clamoring for a mention in his column, and the fame, riches, and groupies that come with it, his Rolodex should be packed.

It shouldn’t have come as a surprise, given what we’ve seen on this board, but it is heartening to see how many quality responses and submissions (both text and artwork) we’ve gotten so far. Really good stuff! (Almost enough that we’ve started stretching into a second or third issue.)

If it helps your creative juices at all,it looks as though we might section things off into a few categories : Fiction, Poetry, Reviews and True-Life Adventures. Like to see more reviews, though. With all the movie and book threads that get started here, I know there’s a wealth of opinion out there.

Keep 'em coming! I think you’re gonna like it.

Like I said before…

Second issue? :eek:

What happened to the first?

Did I miss it?!?!?

I answered this in IMHO already, so I’ll just c&p my response here …

We should be online with the first issue by sometime this weekend. I mentioned the second because we’ve already got enough in the can for at least three issues, and we’ve still got stuff coming in. Keep 'em coming!