SDMB 20 years from now - halfway there

Googling my username (from this thread), I found an old thread about what the SDMB will be like in 20 years, dated March 2000. Since it’s 10 years later, I thought it would be a good time to look at the thread and see the progress of SDMB.

What is on track so far? Where do you think the SDMB will be in 10 years?

I’ll still be here lurking and maybe I’ll even get over 1000 posts someday.

MPSIMS:

Twenty years later - How accurate was this thread? - Wolverine

ATMB

Why can’t we have images like all the other boards? - somebody

Well unlike the prediction in that thread, I will not be running any further SDMB Awards voting thingiemadoodles. I’d forgotten all about those.

Cafe Society:

[some thread still debating wtf was going on in LOST]

In 10 years, will there still be a board? I am going to guess yes, seeing as how we survived the first 10 years.

How many of our current posters will still be there, I wonder?

Looking back at the old thread, my main thought was, I wonder what all those posters are up to nowadays.

In 10 years hopefully I can say with conviction, “I used to post at the Straight Dope Message board. I still do, but I used to, too.”

One for the “bad prediction” file:

ChrisCTP – Last Activity: 02-14-2005 03:50 PM

Wait a minute here, give the guy a break. He could be dead. At least that way he isn’t a dirty little quitter.

I think the odds of the Dope still being here 10 years on is probably better than my chances of still being around.

Let’s see, in 10 years, we’ve had one new forum a few interesting changes to the Pit rules and one major upgrade in vBulletin. Oh, and they finally added polling.

In the next 10 years, the main color might change from purple to violet. Or is it violet to purple? What else is there, posting pictures or implementing avatars? Hahahaha! Aha! Ehem…

It is to laugh.

I hope air travel bevomes obsolete, so I never have to hear the treadmill thing again.

At your current rate, you’ll get there in two years or so.

Don’t look for Avatars. Longevity runs in my family, and when the topic comes up in the mod loop, I vote early and often. :smiley:

Glad we got right on that getting it fixed :smiley:

Shortly before that, I hope to find out what it will like in 9.999~ years.

She.