SDMB anthem poll

This came up in a resurrected Frank thread about “God Bless America” and stuff. Does the SDMB have an anthem? Do we want one?

I of course think everything that lacks an anthem should find something vaguely progadelic, maybe by Pink Floyd, but quite possibly by prolific Aussie trance band Church. I also know that this is such a unique opinion that anyone else I meet online who thinks is most likely one of my sockpuppets that has somehow dissociated, and if I ever met anyone in real life who agreed with me I’d still wonder about them.

When you’re truly special you don’t have to shove it in people’s faces.

Not saying SDMB is truly special. Not saying it isn’t.

Blinded By The Light Springs to mind.

I nominate “Too Drunk to Fuck,” by the Dead Kennedys.

Why Don’t We Get Drunk and Screw by Jimmy Buffett

“We are the world”

:slight_smile: Just kidding!

The Internationale (minus the anti-Christian lines) or the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

So if you can’t make those the anthems of the global state, you’ll settle for the SDMB?

I suppose. :wink:

The Joker.

This, without a doubt (SFW).

Crash and all :slight_smile:

I could nominate a few songs from Fee Waybill and the Tubes that might apply to a few Dopers.

not me, of course…

Is There Anybody Out There? – Roger Waters

We don’t need an anthem, but I think this xkcd cartoon should be the Official Cartoon of the SDMB.

I could nominate a few songs from Fee Waybill and the Tubes that might apply to a few Dopers.

not me, of course…

Thanks a lot, Foolsguinea, another dang poll where I agree with the majority!
Oh fie, Sir, fie!

:slight_smile:

Positively 4th Street.

Kiss Me, I’m Shitfaced by the Dropkick Murphys for all the drunk posts we have on here.

Since I voted with the majority for no anthem, I’ll change and go for Garry Owen.
Of course, me must change the lyrics.

The hurrah for our brave commanders!

must become

The hurrah for our brave Moderators!

Hmmm… (SFW.)