Sdmb irc

I am coming out of years of inactivity to make this important announcement.

It is pure unadulterated horse doody that the #straightdope IRC channel is dead and gone.

That is all.

I am here to make this second important announcement.

It is semi adulterated horse doody that an all-caps title is converted to lowercase, especially when the title contains only acronyms.

That is (I currently believe) all.

Cool story, bro

pix or it didn’t happen lol.

Also, asl?

Hey! It’s 1no!! How are you, man?

The channel died a long, drawn-out death.

I’m older and crankier, but at least you didn’t call me ino so my burning rage is somewhat quelled. Long gone are the days when I’d fill slow periods at work with SDMB, and almost as rare are the evenings where I say, “You know what’d be awesome? Trying to see if the IRC channel from a decade ago still exists in some shape or form.”

Now this place has all these new subforums and names and moderators. I used to be with it, but then they changed what “it” was. Now, what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s “it” seems weird and scary to me.

hork…

You may not be aware of it, but friend lno is the author of one of the classic threads in SDMB history.

My rage burns with the fire of a million suns.
Welcome back, lno!

Pff, this place has a far more softer, chewier center than it used to. Besides some newer sub-forums, not much has really changed; as seems to be the MO around here.

and, no one say anything about avatars.

I was not aware of it, and took the OP as a half-hearted and pointless whine. My apologies. That is a good thread.

I guess that means no more thwapping with a wet trout.

Dang, now I could really go for some White Castle.

Who are you again?

I’m Autolycus? :confused:

Dear Fellas. I can’t believe how fast things move on the outside. I saw an automobile once when I was a kid, but now they’re everywhere. The world went and got itself in a big damn hurry.

Hell no.

Hey, I remember you! So, you gonna hang around a while or what?

Luckily, the proper reaction to such a circumstance hasn’t changed any: sarcasm and insults.

(sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the OP)

Not much has changed. Perhaps Rasa excepted, we just drink less and fart more.