SDMB NFL Pick 'em, Survival, and Salary Cap leagues

I see yahoo still retains their silly ancient FF scoring system for the salary cap leagues with touchdowns being nearly everything. Some of their preseason values are also wonky and practically force you to choose certain players. It’s too bad - there’s a really interesting game in there somewhere, but it’s not implemented that well here. Still, I like it.

I kicked ridiculous amounts off ass 2 years ago. I was in the 99th percentile - I finished something like 1200 out of 150 or 160 thousand players.

I just joined the three pick’em leagues. If I had heard about this sooner, I might not have missed the Pitt-Tenn game. I would have won that one, too. O well.

Hope to have fun with this. I won a large pool when I was in high school, but this is the big leagues now…

Team name: ICU812

I set the pick deadline for the survival league to be Sunday at 1. It doesn’t reveal picks like I was worried, so we can safely keep it at that date. So if you want to participate in the survival league, you still have a little over a day to sign up.

The pick 'em picks aren’t due until 5 minutes before the game. If you haven’t signed up yet, you missed PIT/TEN but it’s only one point so don’t worry about it.

We’re down to about 20 hours left to sign up.
If you happen to be reading this thread after the season began, you can still play in the pick 'em leagues. You won’t have much chance of taking the league championship, but you could compete for individual weeks.

Kid_A and Court Jesters need to get their Sunday picks in.

Just put together my salary cap roster. I was starting to get worried I’d only be able to use MNF players, but luckily I got it all set with $0.30 to spare.

If anyone who hasn’t joined yet still wants to play, you’re free to. We’re dropping 1 week of scores, meaning that you can miss week 1 and still compete.

Last week’s winners:

Pick em:

1. RetroVertigo 16
  2. garygnu, Fear the Turtle, Cyberhwk’s Sage Selections 14

Spread:

1. Frosted Spread 14
  2. JAMmer’s Haruspicy Experiment 12
  3. Shibb’s Unskilled Hacks, garygnu, Fear the Turtle 11

Confidence:

1. Oakminster 134
  2. garygnu 128
  3. Fear the Turtle 124

Survival strikes (not eliminated, since you need 2 strikes to be eliminated):
Court Jesters, Hal’s surviving ferrets
Players who don’t have their picks in yet:
Omni’s Crystal Balls
Shibb’s Unskilled Hacks
Kid_A
Court Jesters
garygnu
asterion
ICU812
Nine Inch Neils (RNATB)

Well, if Detroit are as good as they were last year, I would expect a lot of people to complete Survival with no losses :slight_smile:

I’m reluctant to pick against Detroit next week (host WASH).

I just caught this while looking at the standings:

A perfect week to kick off the season…nicely done!

Still need to get their picks in for either pick 'em and/or survival:

asterion
Omniscient
Kid_A
Court Jesters
VarlosZ
Kiros

Well, it finally happened. The Lions let me down and won a game, and in week three, I’m already out of Survival. This is bad.

That’s impressive sir. Out of a 2 strike survival league in week 3.

I forgot to write up week 2’s winners, so I’ll do that now, followed by last week’s. Bold means tiebreaker winner for the week.

Straight up:
Week 2

1. garygnu, Omni’s Crystal Balls, JAMmer’s Haruspicy Experiment 12

Week 3

1. SenorBeef’s combo platter 14
  2. Fear the Turtle, JAMmer’s Haruspicy Experiment, Isotopes, Kid_A 13

Spread:
Week 2

1. garygnu 14
  2. SenorBeef’s Death Waffle 13
  3. Omni’s Crystal Balls - Spread 12

Week 3

1. Isotopes 14
  2. picker, Omni’s Crystal Balls - Spread 13

Confidence
Week 2

1. Omni’s Confident Crystal Balls 103
  2. garygnu 96
  3. JAMmer’s Haruspicy Experiment 93

Week 3

1. Fear the Turtle 121
  2. SenorBeef’s Slurpee Run 120
  3. Isotopes 119

Fear the Turtle is consistently good at this. What have your ranks been over the years? Go into your fantasy profile and it’ll tell you your final rank for past leagues.

I’m doing pretty decently myself. With scores adjusted for the dropped week, I’m ranked 1/22 in pick em, 5/19 in spread, and 3/24 in confidence.

Reminder, still need picks (survival and/or pick 'em) from:

Omni’s Crystal Balls, Shibb’s Unskilled Hacks, Court Jesters, garygnu, Kiros.

Just got back from Munich in time to get the picks in. Didn’t have wireless access there and decided it wasn’t worth the four bucks I would have had to pay in a shop.

I had picks in for normal pick’em, but I guess I waited to put them in for the other two. damn

Reminder for picks due:

Court Jesters, asterion, Kiros

I give up…being a die hard Rams fan I have picked the Rams to win every game since the beginning of last season.I did not pick them today.:frowning:
go rams

How many people usually make it to the end of survival?

I guess they have forgotten how to ram it!