SDMB NFL Pick 'em, Survival, and Salary Cap leagues

Woot.

In the pick-em and survival leagues. That’s about all I can be sure of timewise, but you all are toast!

Purple Avengers baby!

I’m in for all. Love my Salary Cap league team already!

I’m also setting the weeks dropped setting to 1, unless everyone would prefer a different number. This drops your lowest week from the scoring total. The good thing about setting it at least 1 is that people who miss a week won’t be very behind.

Well, I’m in for all five games. I don’t really like the confidence but once again I’ll give it a shot. My favorite is the spread, then survival, then straight-up. I could never get into fantasy football but I hope my salary cap team is a good starting point.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to view past membership and results in these leagues? When I got to my yahoo fantasy profile, I can see the rosters/results/etc of past fantasy leagues, but the pick 'em and survival leagues aren’t links.

I wanted to make a ranking list of average finish across the years, and also invite people who were in last year who aren’t in yet this year, but I can’t figure out how to get that data from yahoo.

I’m in the confidence and survival games.

Couldn’t pass up the chance for more fun. Have thrown my hat into the Survival League for the first time. Being a Survival virgin, 2 chances sounds good to me, but I’ll play either way

You can get each member’s history, but I’m not sure if you can still access the team data as a whole

I’m in the Confidence and the Survival Leagues. Roosh’s something or other probably.

Ah, the Tribe or some reference to WM I suppose shall fit me!

I’m starting a yardage pool contest that you guys may be interested in. Check out the thread.

We have an interesting group setting that I hadn’t noticed until now. I can either set the deadline for getting in survival picks as 5 minutes before the first game (what we’ve done in previous years), or Sunday at 1pm.

The sunday at 1pm option is a little unfair to people who pick the Thursday/saturday night game as their survival game and everyone else can see that and plan around it. However, we lose people every year who forget to set their pick because the thursday game slipped their mind. So I can go either way on this one.

So I’m open to some discussion before tonight’s game.

But GET YOUR SURVIVAL PICK IN NOW in case we go with the 5 minutes before gametime thing like we have in the past. Then you need the pick in before the game starts tonight. And don’t forget to do the pick 'em league entries for this game too - you don’t need to do the whole week now, just tonight’s game.

I also set the survival league to 2 picks and you’re out. I think it’ll result in a more interesting game for more people, hope no one minds too much. In the event of a tie, the last person to lose their first pick would be the winner.

Alright…as always late to the party. I follow the NFL religiously but always tend to lurk in the NFL threads (not sure why, really)

Joined the straight up, spread and confidence leagues.

Let’s get this season rolling!

(Go Ravens! Go Pack!)

I’m in on survival only. I did pick 'em and confidence a couple years ago and spent way too much time thinking about it.

Does it actually show the result of an early pick before the deadline? I would have thought the way this would work would be that you can pick the Thursday game up until its kickoff, but your pick isn’t shown until Sunday with everyone else’s.

If it hides the early picks the way I describe, then I’m for it, since people choosing to wait until Sunday are just giving themselves fewer games to pick from. Otherwise I prefer the first game cutoff. It’s not a huge deal either way though.

That’s… a good point. I didn’t think about that. It should work as you say (but I don’t actually know for sure), in which case I’m in favor of the Sunday deadline.

The numbers of participants so far:

Pick 'em: 20
Spread: 16
Confidence: 21
Survival: 26
Salary cap: 10

Not bad. I think we can do a little better so I sent out some mass PMs to people who’ve played in past years who I didn’t recognize from this year.

Got your PM and got in under the wire. I missed this thread earlier - I’m away a lot on business and see the SDMB at weird hours. Have no idea what is going on in the NFL or how good or, more likely, bad, my team will be in Salary Cap. What does the “Renegotiate” option do?

How nuts is it that all of my fantasy drafts are done, but I still have a couple of hours worth of work to do to get all my NFL games-related stuff squared away? I have to set rosters for fantasy leagues, do the spread and confidence picks, make an entry in my own prop bet contest, do Beef’s yardage contest, and also do a weekly picks contest on a poker message board. And maybe post to the NFL predictions thread, wherever it went to.

I haven’t set up the salary cap league yet, but I’m guessing renogotiate is there so that if a player drops in value, you hit that to pay him at his new value rather than cutting and resigning him.