SDMB Self Esteem

DRY–you know you are always appreciated by me. You’re a good friend and a very amusing poster. Your friendship means more to me than you know.

GolfWidow–our lunches together give me something to look forward to! You’re a very witty and enjoyable person to spend time with.

silent_rob–you are also a good friend and you also make me laugh consistently with your posts.

Fenris, Crunchy Frog–guys, you crack me up. Crunchy, I’ve been enjoying your posts since I joined the SDMB. Fenris, somehow I’ve only recently discovered you, but you absolutely rock.

Welfy–we haven’t really interacted all that much, but I always look for your posts. You strike a chord with me in some way that I can’t quite express. I find myself thinking of you like I would a sister if I’d ever had one. (I hope you don’t think that sounds weird, since we don’t really know each other well.)

iampunha, scotticher, Falcon, purplebear, Spider Woman, Eutychus–you guys and several others (I couldn’t possible list all of you) make this a warm and wonderful place with your kindnesses and support of any Doper who needs it.

Okay, 'nuff for now.

By the way…Simetra, o wise and noble one, you are the greatest!

Scotticher, thanks for starting this thread! It reminds me of a quote from Cecil G. Osborne: “Perhaps once in a hundred years a person may be ruined by excessive praise, but surely once every minute someone dies inside for lack of it.”

I haven’t been lucky enough to really interact with many of the people on the following list (which isn’t meant to be inclusive, by the way – I’m sure I’ll be posting more people later). There are so many smashing Dopers out there, I think it’s impossible to the best of friends with everyone. Still, all of you have touched my life in an amazing way.

Scotti, who is one of the kindest, most genuine, most sympathetic people I’ve been fortunate enough to have contact with.

Simetra, who gives me more reasons to smile than he knows.

TVeblen, who will always have my thanks for trading a couple of e-mails with me when I was especially down.

Ad Noctum, who is such a cutie.

Spider Woman, who is astoundingly compassionate.

tatertot, who is my idol. Seriously, I can’t even begin to describe how cool I think she is. I know you all understand what I’m talking about. Don’t tell me I’m the only one out there who’s set up a shrine to tater. :wink:

Turpentine, who I think is a complete sweetheart.

TwistofFate, who I have a massive crush on that I’m trying to remedy. :wink: I don’t know why exactly, but I just get a kick out of Twisty.

And then there are the Dopers who I think are infinitely cool for one reason or another and whose posts I always keep an eye out for: SwimmingRiddles, Eutychus55, evilbeth, SilverFire, andygirl, DRY, Chef Troy, Nacho4Sarah, Nymysys, Anthracite, Falcon, Welfy, matt_mcl. You guys rock.

My self esteem usually sucks but personally I want to say thanks to those people who accept me back with little or no judgement or to those that may be reserved but are willing to put aside things and deal with it.

There are others though, they accept me regardless of what may have happened because they know that I am a thinking, breathing being with a heart that is fragile at times but strong when I need to be. To those I give my utmost respect and thanks. Without you, I would not be able to buck it up and enjoy one of my favorite places on the internet. ( Una, SPOOFE, Silo, just to mention a few, there are more but right now my brain is tapped. )

Of course Tuba, Euty and UncaBeer your understanding, counsel and concern as board admins/mods has meant a hell of a lot to me.

Thank you so much to all of the people who mentioned me kindly here.

I DIDN’T start this thread hoping for accolades for me, as my darling Scott said. And I don’t post to be loved, either. I care, as do so many others.

This board is a community, and I just wanted to give you all a place to say something nice about the people who touch you. As SO many of you have touched my life, and enriched it.

I feel lucky, and blessed, to know you all.

We love and/or care about each other. I can’t think of anything more beautiful.

Scotti

The following is a list of people that I wish to thank, for no more reason than being able to brighten a bad day.

Anthracite
Iampunha
Dr. Pinky
Silly Rabbit
Esprix
Welfy
Chef Troy
matt_mcl
kat

And of course, all of the Mods, who do a wonderful job while asking nothing in return.

Also, a big thanks to anyone who has ever responded to any of my threads (few as the are), or any of my posts!

Whew! I think that about covers it…

I would like to thank Mr. Cynical for being the one person I can rely upon above all others! :smiley:

zgystardst for being the only one to want to have me quote them in their sig line.

Er… To want to quote me in their sig line, rather.

Ah i forgot.

aha- Because you’re a sexy sexy rock star…and you come up with fun threads about COPS.

AuntiePam- For trying to reccomend me good books. And for saying you’d always stalk me so my threads would never die. That was slightly creepy but also fun. :slight_smile:

This is a hard post to make.

There are so many people here - old posters, new posters, women, men, old, young, flaming liberals and slobbering conservatives alike, who have made me feel welcome and loved here. I will focus on 3 specifically, although there are so many I could write about.

Pepperlandgirl - Pepper is my best and oldest friend here. She and I go way back, and she has been a constant source of support and friendship to me. She was the first one who I told who I was IRL, because she showed that she is an extremely mature and trustworthy person, who anyone here should feel lucky to have as a friend.

Scotticher - Scotti has also been a fantastic source of non-stop love, support, and friendship. Like Pepper, she has listened to untold hours of me moaning, compaining, crying, and ranting - always responding with her compassion, great advice, and caring.

Fierra - yes, with her permission, I am officially outing us. Fierra and I love each other - truly, madly, and deeply. We did not know anything was up at all when we met in December - we parted good friends. But over time, we slowly, gradually found out that we love each other. She has said things to me that have taken my breath away, and she says that I have done the same to her. Although Pepper and Scotti have worked miracles in helping me, Fierra has provided the last and most important piece of the puzzle - she is my love, and I am hers. I hope she and I will have a long and happy future together - I really am hoping for it anyhow, and so is she. We have a lot of potential obstacles in our future, but we are both smart and careful people, and I feel certain I will be holding her and watching the Kansas stars with her in the near future.

Una

About time.

Lots of love and flowers to both of you

and I’m sure that Rasa wishes you both the best as well. In fact I know she does. But, that was me up there. I could take this oportuinity to try and keep up my asshole image, but at this point I gotta say fuck it.

Fierra, lord knows that anyone who can make Una this happy has got to be a pretty terrific person. I’m very happy for both of you, and wish you the best in your hjourneys together.

ElusiveMiser-Just because he’s an elusive poster. And because he’s been my best friend for as long as I can remember, and he introduced me to the straightdope.

Orion007-Because you reminded me that calvin and hobbes rocks, which jump started my ass into a calvinball game.

Eutychus-Perhaps my fav of the moderator variety.

And my personal favorite…
Nocturne-For 1) being an all around cool person. 2) Marrying me. 3) Reading my book, and telling me it scared the hell out of you (it’s that bad huh?) 4)Writing a story to me, about me (And yes, I did know it was me, I’m not blind…) 5)Just being there. Love ya!

**Anthracite and Fierra **

That’s wonderous!

::happy thoughts and flowers all around::

This is always SOOO hard, and it’s too easy to forget someone’s name,

When I lurked, a bit more than a year ago, I was so depressed, and yet ** Coldfire and Wallym7’s ** exchanges always cracked me up. ** Democritus and psycat, aha’s determined search for Cecil ['specially holding the dog hostage…absolutely BRILLIANT!] MysterEcks responses in the Pit, handy’s weird wanderings, Krispy Original ** are they that funny and cool everywhere?

The passion, humor, and sometimes pathos of those that shared their time, and souls, ** Cheri, TVeb, techchick, SmoothOperator, evilbeth, Hamadryad, DRY, Pepperlandgirl, Homer, beakerxf, purplebear, Doobieous, Shayna, and Falcon, ** leave imprints without ever showing their lovely faces.

The deeper discussions I would read, and knew I didn’t have either the verbal tenacity, eloquence or knowledge on a particular subject, I still admired those who shine, ** Triscadecamus, Polycarp, MajorSue, Notthemama [still in a duck suit] coosa, John Corrado, beatle, SingleDad, DrWatson, MrKnowItAll, UrsaMajor, Euty, Bricker, manhattan, and even Satan. **

People who have a way of being outrageous, awesomely cool or just ‘out there’ with what they feel or think, TOP of the list, has to be ** Byzantine, Ayesha [good grief, how I admire you!!] SqrlCub [love his, 'hugs, Sqrl!] kelli, Opal, Purplecrackwhore, and SwimmingRiddles. **

Okay, group hug!! :wink:

Now you’ve done it, Serendipity! You’ve destroyed the respect that everyone has had for your good taste!

I really have no idea why anyone would look for my posts, except to mock them.

Seriously, that comment means a lot to me, particularly coming from such a classy individual, as evidenced in this thread:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=56562

I hope your roommate is recovering, and I think that was a very, very praiseworthy action on your part! I am EXTREMELY proud that such a person as yourself enjoys my posts!

TroubleAgain, if my friendship means half as much as you as yours does to me, then I am truly blessed indeed. You know I love having you as my friend, as my sig does demonstrate. Thank you and bless you!

There are other individuals I could name, but they either didn’t post to this thread, or didn’t name me. So to heck with them! :stuck_out_tongue:

“I will praise any man that will praise me” (or woman–especially women!) :slight_smile:
–Antony and Cleopatra, Act 2, Scene VI

Great. Anti-Pro posts and names me while I’m composing my post.

Judy (I hope I’m recalling your first name right–a thousand pardons if I’m misremembering!), as with Serendipity, I regret that I don’t know you personally. However, I cannot allow myself to forget that you were one of the very first people to show me kindness when I was new and getting to know the good people of the SDMB. I can’t thank you enough for making me feel so welcome here. You are a kind and caring person, and I’m extremely pleased that you think highly of me! :slight_smile:

Oh, and I was remiss in not congratulating Anthracite and Fierra! May you both be very happy!

With all due respect to everyone, there’s a doper that I love and adore just a little better than anyone else, whose friendship and support means more than I can say. But she hasn’t made her way to this thread yet.

Gosh, DRY is the sweetest even though I’m not his favorite. :wink:

(Manny is GONE! I am just a tad depressed.)

I mean Manny RAMIREZ! I am a ditz.