SEC Fans: Stand and be counted

Anybody else?

And with Zeldar’s post, Ladies and Gentlemen, (male) SEC Fans everywhere had to take off their pants to count the number of posts.

Ramblin Wreck fan, and closet Auburn and Florida fan.

Nobody did, and I missed this thread for over a year.

I’m not an alum, but I root for Mississippi State against anybody, Bama against anybody but State, LSU against anybody but State or Bama and possibly Ole Miss depending on the season, , Ole Miss against anybody but State, Bama, and LSU if LSU is in contention for a national title, any SEC team against any non-sec team.

My family includes fans/alumni from State, Ole Miss, Bama, LSU, Auburn, Florida, and Tennessee. Sadly, my beloved Druidess is a War Prize, and stubbornly clings to her Ohio State fandom. I’m hoping she grows out of it but am starting to wonder. She has not yet acquired a taste for grits or sweet tea, either. At least she has a fanaticial hatred of Michigan…I’ll keep working on converting her. :cool:

The schools I went to were (at the time of my being there) in the Southwest Conference and the Big Eight Conference. (University of Houston, early 80s, University of Colorado, later) Yeay for co-championships and NCAA sanctions while setting records!

But …

I love watching watching y’all’s rivalry games. Very entertaining football. Does that count?

Indeed it does. “Fan” is the operative word in the title, and being a fan of at least one SEC team is a plus, but just appreciating the excitement and quality of SEC games ought to count for something.

If you can watch a game like LSU-Oregon and not be impressed, then I suppose you might pass by on the other side. :slight_smile:

I too am a fan of that Big Blue Basketball School in a football conference…

I feel like I hardly need say at this point: Roll Tide.

Kentucky graduate here.

And you can write? :eek:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Gah. That was not supposed to imply that SEC schools are “proper universities”.

I bleed purple and gold.

Geaux Tigers!

LSU grad here. Go Tigers!!

+1

I think I’ll be a SEC fan as of today- I’m a Texas Aggie!

Gig 'em!

Now we can change some old jokes!
What does a Vol call an Aggie 10 yrs after graduation?

Sir.

I’m an Arkansas fan. I feel the same way…I’m supposed to LIKE those other teams in the SEC? Hell, no! I want Arkansas to BEAT all those teams. I do like that it’s a very competitive conference that will always figure into the national picture, though.

It is Arkansas’s financial interest that all the SEC teams do well. Its called revenue sharing. And it bolsters their computer rating if the SEC wins all the OOC games. (they already lost two).

Sure I’d LIKE my Commodores to beat all the other SEC teams. I just haven’t smoked enough crack to expect it. So come bowl season, I like to bask in the reflected glory of conference success.

I was lucky enough to have gone to UF during Steve Spurrier’s golden years, and not only went from knowing nothing about football to being an ardent fan, but had the pleasure of rooting for a good team. (For all the yammering about “faithfulness” and “underdogs”, it’s still more fun when the team you support wins.) I pretty much cheer for SEC teams in general unless they’re playing against Florida.

Go Gators!

Oh yeah; I want them all to be good AND for Arkansas to beat them…I’m just not going to like them because, well, they’re other teams. :slight_smile: