Secret Santa 2011

So…my gift should be easy. I REALLY like candy. My son is allergic to peanuts, though, so I prefer peanut free. I always share. :slight_smile: Cherry Sours and old fashioned candies are the best.

We’ve got 36 hours left to sign up …

(And I know a bunch of people are going to post on Thursday and Friday saying “geez, I really wanted to do this, but I didn’t see the thread.”)

Wow - that’s quite the list! :slight_smile: * makes excited squealing noises *

Today’s The Day!!!
I’m so excited…

Thanks for taking on this huge task, twick!

Patiently anticipating my giftee!

By my estimation, we have about 20 minutes until sign-up ends… can’t wait!

I’ll be working on the matches today, though I do have one or two other things to do as well (some of which people are going to pay me money for). I’ll let you know when all the emails have gone out.

Got my match! Off to see what the person likes…

I just sent out the last of the emails. Let me know ASAP if you didn’t get one, or if you got yourself as your Santee. (I did that with one person but caught it immediately. I did not, however, go back through that big ol’ slew of sent emails to make sure I only did it once.)

BTW, this is done round-robin, where you give to one person and get from another, except for the Canadians who wanted to ship within Canada (there were exactly two of them) and the person shipping internationally – we only had one international participant this year, and it only seemed fair for the person sending internationally also receive internationally. Plenty of you were willing, I picked a name out of a hat to be that person. [Okay, it wasn’t a hat – I closed my eyes, circled my finger, and put pointed to a name on the list.]

What happens now:

Start shopping!

If your Santee hasn’t indicated what he or she wants and you need some hints, let me know and I’ll nudge them to post in this thread.

When you send the gift, enclose a note giving your username.

Please post in this thread when you’ve mailed, and please also post when you receive the package, whether you open it right away or not, because I track all that info. We’re going to make sure that everyone participating gets something, whether it’s from your assigned Santa or from someone who’s willing to adopt any orphans who get stiffed.

Have fun, everyone!

At the request of my Santa:
I like local stuff - candy, coffee, trinkets, tree ornaments.

I love junky jewelry (that you’d get at yard sales or thrift stores) that I can take apart and turn into other stuff. I also love polymer clay.
School supplies are always nice.

I like nerdy stuff, like from thinkgeek.com

Um…while my favorite colors are blue and green, my favorite color combination is pink and brown (though I don’t actually like pink - yes, I’m a bit odd).

I LOVE ginger ale so if you’re from an area that has brands other than canada dry, schweppes, or polar - I’d love to give it a try.
Hmm… I could go on forever so I think I’ll stop there. :smiley:

Yay - I’ve got my person and a craft fair this weekend - let the shopping commence!

Got my name and will have lots of fun trying to get the biggest bang for $10! My santee (who I will not name) has been pretty general in their description, maybe it will help if everyone could add a few more items to their likes.

Here is my more descriptive likes/dislikes.

Likes: Gadgets, weird offbeat stuff, brain teasers, yummy treats, activity to do with granddaughters (3, 5, 7), sarcastic humor.

Dislikes: knickknacks, romance novels, candles (house fire in recent past), scented stuff.

I got mine! WOOOOOOOOOO!

Can we combine Secret Santa and a White Elephant Exchange because I am feeling particularly motivated :slight_smile:

I am obsessed with jam on toast right now! I don’t know that my Santa needs any more help with me, but fun jellies or jams would be awesome!

I haven’t been asked to add, but will do so just in case:

I’m serious when I say I collect keychains. I also collect coffee mugs, if they are specific to a location or a business with an address on it (I know, weird. I’m just not into generic stuff).

I’m not into knick-knacks, but would be thrilled with something unique to the sender’s area. I don’t have any favorite color and wear a 3x tshirt.

Some additional info. I love Celtic stuff. I like the color purple. I have short hair and other than jewelry don’t really like girly stuff. I like fun quirky things.

Wow. I ordered a present for my santee the day that twickster sent me the name, and it’s here already! I’m going to get one more thing to go with it and it’ll be on its way by the end of the week. I don’t know about you guys, but for me that’s warp speed turnaround right there.

My things are purchased and I’ll try to get it out by Friday!

I found the gift I’ll be sending but I haven’t ordered it yet. I’m gonna do it right now though. :smiley: