Secret Santa 2011

Can I join in on the fun? No one knows me since I have mostly lurked, only posting a couple of times. This seems like a great way to get to know people better. I like puzzles and offbeat little gadgets.

I wore it this summer in my sub-zero office! I’m looking forward to get even more enjoyment from it as we head into winter. :slight_smile:

Gah, sorry, you did have that info there. I just mailed you and of course forgot to mention that I will ship internationally, but since I live in Japan I reckon that’s a given. Must stop drinking at work!

I would love a nice jar of bread-and-butter pickles. I had some home-canned pickles at a friend’s house when I visited the US recently, and am jonesing for them. I can’t find any over here. Also, Lucky Charms cost $35/BOX over here and it’s breaking my heart. Either of those would be lovely! Or fudge! Or anything covered in dark chocolate.

Thanks for arranging this, twickser!

Neglected to mention that I would be happy to ship a gift overseas! For $10 I can get not one but FOUR boxes of Lucky Charms!

Please put that info in an email – I do all the matches from that information, I don’t cross-check it here.

That goes for everyone – if you have some kind of PS to your email, pls. send another email (also with your username in the subject line) and don’t rely on my seeing it if you post it here.

Thanks,

twicks

Here’s the list as it stands now:

**Congodwarf
voguevixen
Lancia
PapSett
hocow
MsRobyn
purplehorseshoe
Sir T-Cups
VunderBob
Aceplace57
Hockey Monkey
Infovore
Avarie537
tarragon918
alice_in_wonderland
Ivorytowerdenizen
twickster
Susie Derkins
Eyebrows of Doom
Shirley Ujest
freckafree
Atomic Mama
Zjestika
Jane Doe
KinkiNipponTourist

If you think you should be on the list but don’t see your name, make sure you sent me an email.

Just put together the first draft of the list – we’ve got WAY more people who want an international exchange than we’ve got international participants (1). Also only have one Canadian so far.

C’mon foreigners, you don’t have to be from the U.S. to participate!

Hey twicks did you get my PS e-mail cuz I forgot my apt number??

Hey, I’m up for a secret Santa, and I’m Canadian.

Forgot to add hints…

I like dogs a lot, and weird kitschy things or thrift store finds. Chocolate is good, and other yummy things, too.

Yes.

The current list:

Congodwarf
voguevixen
Lancia
PapSett
hocow
MsRobyn
purplehorseshoe
Sir T-Cups
VunderBob
Aceplace57
Hockey Monkey
Infovore
Avarie537
tarragon918
alice_in_wonderland
Ivorytowerdenizen
twickster
Susie Derkins
Eyebrows of Doom
Shirley Ujest
freckafree
Atomic Mama
Zjestika
Jane Doe
KinkiNipponTourist
brainstall
CitizenPained

If you think you should be on the list and aren’t, email me at the address in the OP.

If you’ve emailed me, please also post in the thread to give some hints to your Santa.

I’m in! And I’ll ship internationally.

I like funky/unusual jewelry, scarves, nice-smelling girly stuff, food, dog toys and collect turtle-themed things.
But I also like to be surprised. :slight_smile:

Email sent.

When will we be getting our giftees?

Per the OP, signup is through the end of this month.

OK, cool…just excited! I love Secret Santa-ing!

Yeah, I do too, which is why I started the sign-up thread so crazy early! :wink:

Email has been sent. Thanks Twickster! I’m allergic to coffee and cigarette smoke, as well as several different kinds of pollen.

I’d like something from the sender local. If not that, I enjoy earrings (peirced), scarves, gryphons, science fiction and/or romance books, the colors green and turquoise, honey and/or things that smell like honey, soaps and incense.

I have a personal tradition of doing as much Christmas shopping as I can at the local year 'round farmers market. Which means lots of local artisan-type goodies and Michigan foods. Wine, cherries, salsa, maple syrup, mmm.

There’s a cheese vendor who has the most amazing cheeses from all over the world, including a made-in-Michigan chocolate cheese to die for.

Here’s the list as I have it now:

**Congodwarf
voguevixen
Lancia
PapSett
hocow
MsRobyn
purplehorseshoe
Sir T-Cups
VunderBob
Aceplace57
Hockey Monkey
Infovore
Avarie537
tarragon918
alice_in_wonderland
Ivorytowerdenizen
twickster
Susie Derkins
Eyebrows of Doom
Shirley Ujest
freckafree
Atomic Mama
Zjestika
Jane Doe
KinkiNipponTourist
brainstall
CitizenPained
chiroptera
Reepicheep

If you think you should be on the list but don’t see your name, let me know.