Secret Santa 2011

Me me me! I like chocolate, coffee, horses, pink, purple, fuzzy hats, animals of all kinds (especially horses, dogs, and cats), coffee mugs (large enough handle that my whole hand can fit it), cookies, local stuff, home-made stuff, fun jewelry (silver tone), ridiculous T-shirts (large) … that should do it.

I am in too; this is something I look forward to every year and this year I have a totally different place to draw on for inspiration - Albuquerque NM. :slight_smile:

I enjoy hand made items, my favorite color is blue; I drink coffee and have a collection of mugs that I always am looking for new ones. I also like trinkets/knick-knacks, especially those with local significance to the Santa’s area. :slight_smile:

Thanks for setting this up and running it again, Twickster! Email coming to you in a few, promise.

Ok, I guess I’m in - to whomever I get assigned to - well, give lots of ideas in the thread, K?

Anyway, I like knitting books, funky salt and pepper shakers, fluffy socks.

$10 or $15 is fine with me, but maybe firmly decide on the number in this thread. :slight_smile:

Everyone seems good with $10, so let’s keep it at $10. (That’s $10 US, of course. :wink: )

Just realized I haven’t given my hints yet:

I have an Amazon wishlist in my real name if you want to get a book or CD (used is fine). T-shirt size is XL. Dark chocolate. Bar soap in unusual scents. Something from Santa’s locale. If you’re a fellow knitter, a skein of some amazing yarn would be cool.

Or surprise me!

I’m in! I love stationary (cards or paper- not frilly but interesting), fun socks, magnets.

Can’t eat dak chocolate or almonds. Oh, I actually don’t celebrate Christmas, so religiousy things are probably out. Unless Snoopy is on it!

Loves to take long walk on the beach… Oops, wrong forum. :slight_smile:

Here’s who I’ve gotten an email from so far:

**Congodwarf
voguevixen
Lancia
PapSett
hocow
MsRobyn
purplehorseshoe
Sir T-Cups
VunderBob
Aceplace57
Hockey Monkey
Infovore
Avarie537
tarragon918
alice_in_wonderland
Ivorytowerdenizen
twickster

A couple of people had questions or comments – I’m in the middle of a flurry of work activity, but hope to respond to those tomorrow, sorry!

Count me in! I had to skip last year, but I’ve done this five times at least and it’s always fun. I’ve never been disappointed, so either I’m lucky or easy to please.

I like the colors blue and green, coffee, chocolate (especially with peanut butter), and girly stuff like bath products. Local stuff is always great!

Thanks for organizing, twickster!

OK, I’ll give it another shot this year. (I did this once a couple years ago and it was clear that the person who had me had *completely *forgotten about the whole thing and had put zero effort in, as my item arrived 2 weeks late and was a CD of religious music that church groups pass out for free. So that was a bit disappointing.)
So let’s see, I like Doctor Who (the new series, David Tennant in particular), Broadway musicals, horror/thriller novels & movies. I love Lord of the Rings. I love dogs, especially pit bulls & dalmatians and I have a black lab. I have pierced ears & like dangly earrings. I love funky t-shirts from places like Threadless, Teefury, Design By Humans, etc. and am a size Small. I like chocolate. Something local is cool.

I never mentioned my preferences. Like the India Delta 10 Tango I am, I put my preferences in the e-mail to Twicks instead of out in public. :smack:

No applicable allergies. Food items OK. I’d prefer something fun, funky, and related to the sender’s area if possible. Heck, if someone is in Zimbabwe, make me a Zimbabwe millionaire, because at the current exchange rates that’s about US$10 (seriously).

E-mail sent just now.

I did not say specifically, just hinted, but I would love to be a Secret Santa to someone very far away - just need more time for postage etc.

Twicks - apologize if my e-mail was a bit confusing. Does this post help?

Any Secret Santa of mine - I love fossiliferous rocks of any kind near where you are or samples of beach sand, quarry till, or indeed any unusual rocks that I can section and look at under the microscope. Failing any mineralogical input, I love to try tea or coffee blends or any spice mixes you can imagine.
I hope I am not being too picky in my wishes.

I haven’t done SS in a few years due to budget issues.

I have a new job and am cautiously optimistic about life and junk.
Sign me up.
I collect owls, love knitting and anything christmas ornaments is good to me! anything local from where you live is kosher too. Support your local stores and stuff!

I’m in!

I put my list in the email.

BUT if anyone else has a yearning desire to send me gobs of stuff…wait…I should be more specific with this crowd…:slight_smile:

I collect owls and like local stuff (tea/coffee/candles…mmmmmcandles.) and anything to do with knitting or small knitted stockings ( they are soooo f’n caaaa-ute.) Oh, and I loves me some lip balm and hand creams ( natural smells.)
I’ll ship international. My new job is with a distribution company and we ship all over da world.

I’m in – e-mail sent! Thanks, twicks, for doing this!

I like cat-themed things, funky jewelry or socks, and purple. I have pierced ears. Something handmade would be awesome if you are the crafty type.

[ot]Speaking of which, you broken out your new scarf yet? [/ot]

Hi! Shirley has kindly indicated she’ll ship international, but I think that’s the first mention in the thread. Are overseas Santas welcome this year (it does kick postage fees up a bit)? Please confirm.

Count me IN :smiley:

I like “regional” stuff … locally-roasted coffee, handmade soaps, local recipes cookbook, stuff like that. Regional music, as long as its NOT Nashville Contemporary Country.

I like surprises, too!

Frankly, I’d prefer the $15 limit, just cuz … I love GIVING presents.

Yes, overseas definitely welcome – that’s why I ask that people indicate whether they’re willing to ship to own country only, NA as a whole, or internationally.

I wanted to add: I’m willing to ship INTERNATIONAL, and would adore an INTERNATIONAL gift!

Thanks to all, and … Seasonal Greetings :smiley:

Me! I had fun last year! I still use my lovely gift- a keychain LED light- to hunt for things under the couch and accidentally blind myself.

I’m a early thirties pregnant lady who likes decaf black teas, candles in all scents but fruity, cooking and food especially carbs like pasta and pizza. I also have long, wavy hair and like hair stuff, barettes and ties and purty girly things.