Seeking a Doper who speaks Norton

Wow!
That Norton must be a difficult language.
I don’t understand a word of it.

well, i am an inhabitant of Nortonia, so i don’t have any
problems.

Damn the Hampsters!! I tried to post this thread last night, and it took about 15 minutes to go through, after which I couldn’t get back at all to verify. My apologies.

The problem is with Norton™ Utilities 2002, running on the Win 98 OS. While trying to get System Doctor to start in a minimized mode, I angered the Gods of Norton, and now System Doctor is not to be found. It will not start from the Utility Integrator pane, and running SYSDOC32.EXE/RESET is ineffective.

Is my only solution to uninstall and reinstall? Thanks.

Not to be picky…but you did incluse the space…when you typed “SYSDOC32.EXE /RESET” in the run box?

I know…not a heap of help…But maybe?

I thought maybe you were refering to the motorcycle. Never mind.

She told me she loved me like a brother. She was from Arkansas, hence the Joy!

I used to get paid to work on nortons. Triumphs and BSA’s too.l

yes, Daizy I did try that with and without the space, to no avail. Thanks for the hint, though.

Sorry about that danceswithcats. Were you able to uninstall and re-install?

Sigh No, I haven’t gone that far-I was hoping for a reprieve at the hands of the Teeming Millions. Thanks for the good thoughts, though.

Hi again danceswithcats. Sorry it’s not going well. I’ll admit, I’ve lost faith in Norton’s in the past 2 years, and have switched all the systems I build and fix, to AVG. But that certainly won’t fix YOUR problem.

Can we tackle this from a different angle? What is it you’d like System Doctor to do for you? Short of the obvious…work! Are you having troubles with your system at all?

Mind no more. I did the old ‘in and out’ to make Norton happy, and the sensory bits are up.

Next is the in and out of Roxio™ GoBack® so it can grab a bigger hunk of my new hard drive.

It really wasn’t a terrible dilemma-I was being a lazy bum. :smiley: