Georgia (special)
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Maine
Michigan
Montana
North Carolina

The goal is for each race to assign a value, P(D), between 0 and 1 that represents the probability that a Democrat wins the seat, the value P(R ) = 1 - P(D), that represents that a Republican wins the seat is implied by P(D).

Note: there are two senate races in Georgia this year. Be sure to mark which one is the special election.

Entries will be submitted by posting in this thread. The most recent post by a user with a timestamp on or before September 30, 11:59:59 PM CDT will be that user’s entry (i.e. you can change your entry until the end of September).

After the election results are known, I will compute the Brier score for each entry. Participants will be ranked by Brier score where lowest is best.

Here’s my September prediction (PredictIt derived) which I will likely change (slightly) by the end of the month.

Race P(D)
Alabama 2.8%
Alaska 16.0%
Arizona (special) 93.1%
Colorado 94.9%
Georgia 23.6%
Georgia (special) 13.2%
Iowa 44.4%
Kansas 10.5%
Kentucky 2.2%
Maine 83.9%
Michigan 83.3%
Montana 34.2%
North Carolina 70.8%

May thread
June thread
July thread
August thread

You know what’s a fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon? Putting together a probabilistic senate forecast.

Last day to enter or update an entry. Here’s my final update. Iowa ever so slightly leaning blue.

Race P(D)
Alabama 2.4%
Alaska 18.2%
Arizona (special) 92.6%
Colorado 95.6%
Georgia 21.1%
Georgia (special) 23.9%
Iowa 51.5%
Kansas 16.8%
Kentucky 2.1%
Maine 84.9%
Michigan 83.8%