Sex education

I think that at adolescence, young people should be taught about sex in a systematic way. I mean there should be live demonstrations in the classroom by trained professionals who could explain and demonstrate techniques so that people don’t spend half their life learning by trial and error what hundreds of generations learned before them and didn’t pass on to the next. The development of a healthy attitude, especially on the part of boys, would be a large part of the cirriculum. The result would be a young adult population with a healthier, more responsible attitude toward sex who are prepared to be knowledgeable and sensitive sex partners. They would not, as all previous generations, have their heads stuffed with myths they learn from ill informed siblings and which they had to learn half a lifetime unlearning, if they ever do at all. Let the discussion begin!

The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it. (Karl Marx, 1845)

1st-If there were “hundreds of generations before them” they couldn’t have gotten much wrong about sex.

2nd-- This is unmistakeably a Great Debates subject, & not a question.

Save The Endangered Jackalope! Send Cash Now! If You Do This, I Will Use The Cash To Save Any Jackalope That I Happen To Find! Send Cash Now! Before It’s Too Late! My Bills, I Mean The Jackalope’s Bills Are Due The 15th Of The Month!
This has been a message from the Illuminated Committee To Save The Jackalope. Fnord.

No, Dan, just because people can reproduce, it doesn’t mean they have great sex. All animals must reproduce. Evolution demands it. You may be right about this more appropriately being in “Great Debates”, however.

The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it. (Karl Marx, 1845)

so what would the homework be? “Everybody find a partner!”

Although you make an interesting argument, I doubt many of these adolescents are ready to have sex and I imagine that more kids would go and practice than would have without the class.

Oh, yes perhaps we all need a teacher like Mary Kay L. Yep, lets have the teachers have sex with us starting at 6th grade.

You think the curriculum planners have headaches now (so to speak), wait until they have to have the local community agree on a definition of healthy.