Sexual hangups

I just gotta share this story. The person who related it to me is a good friend who knows the principals well and is very reliable. Else I would doubt it.

The main person is (currently) a woman I will call “Jennifer”. She got married to a man, had a child. Then she divorced and took up with “Claire”. Jennifer got custody of the child. Now Jennifer wants to change sex. She has already started testosterone treatments. Now Claire is unhappy. She has never slept with a man and doesn’t want to start now. In fact, she asked my friend (who has been happily married to a man for 48 years) what it was like to sleep with a man. (Why doesn’t she ask Jennifer?) The poor child will have two fathers, one of whom is his biological father and the other his biological mother, plus one mother to whom he is unrelated (assuming Claire doesn’t walk).

Another oddity: Jennifer used to criticize men because of the way their heads would turn when a pretty girl passed by. Now with the testosterone, she finds herself doing the same thing. Also she claims (I am not making this up, although I have my doubts) that she finds herself much more interested in math and science.

No. No you don’t really. What’s the point?

Isn’t it obvious? It is the all American love story. Boy meets girl - Girl divorces boy - Girl turns into a boy - Conflict ensues with a lesbian lover who only likes ‘real women’’ - Boy who used to be a girl likes math and science a lot more now that she is a man- To Be Continued

Just another day on the Dope

Frank: It’s the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year’s Day.
Jane: Goodyear?
Frank: No, the worst.

How awful it must be to have three parents. I really pity this kid for not coming from a normal single-parent home like everyone else.

That Hari considers his story odd shows he doesn’t live in California. I know a person who lives with a woman, who used to be a man, and another woman her/his former wife. They all get along very well, have for years.

We’re basically all living in a John Varley story these days.

Ha ha! What Voyager said! Something has to be pretty freaky before I’ll even say, “Well, that’s unusual.”

I know a guy who basically dumped his wife and started living with a mistress, the wife apparently had some crisis of mental health and decided she would continue to “serve him”.

So now he lives with the both of them and sleeps with both of them, they both work and they often feel they aren’t serving him enough. Like they are slaves or something.

It often makes me feel like he must know how to pick em’!

This guy should write a book. I’d buy it.

“Another?” That implies there’s been one oddity in your narrative already.

Well. He got it in the right forum.

So uh, where’s the hangup? Being a transman and deciding to transition has nothing to do with Jennifer’s sexual orientation, and everything to do with Jennifer’s gender identity. And why should having a kid prevent Jennifer from transitioning? What makes a kid worthy of pity for having two dads or two moms? Are you implying gay couples shouldn’t have kids, too? You’re coming off as a huge transphobe.