Share your Covidiot stories

“But as it turned out it, the stupidity was inside him all along.”

Yes. I didn’t say they weren’t covidiots.

Well, my district has officially quarantined its first classroom, and we’ve only had 8 days of school. The teacher and her paraprofessional are going to get tested today. Before they even returned, I had to question the methodology of cramming together 1,000 kids who haven’t been vaccinated in classrooms all day long. We have 32 kids in one 4th grade classroom. How’s that for “social distancing”?

Here is a CDC report about a teacher from Marin County, California, who was not vaccinated and on May 19, she experienced symptoms but didn’t get tested until May 21. During those two days, she removed the mask briefly to read to the grade school class. Within days, half the class tested positive, as did others connected to the school.

Instructor resigns on the spot when student refuses to mask properly.

And another one gone, and another one gone….

And the stupid just keeps going:

Report to licensing authority?

Not sure what you are asking but remember, a chiropractor is not a medical degree. They are not medical doctors by virtue of being a chiropractor.

But they’re licensed and have a scope of practice and legal/ethical standards.

I’m not sure they have any more authority than an acupuncturist (i.e. none).

I really do not know though. Hopefully someone else can tell us.

They operate under a licensing authority of the state. You can’t just hang out a shingle without meeting the qualifications and state’s requirements. There is a health authority regulating this person. Is he operating within the parameters of his expertise? Is he only writing exemption letters for those who would generally be understood to qualify?

ETA: I was suggesting a report, not asking a question. Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

Chiropractors are regulated by Florida. That said, they are not medical doctors. Why a chiropractor should be able to write medical exemptions is beyond me.

Maybe that is allowed in Florida. It’s stupid though.

It’d be like your acupuncturist making decisions about your heart issues. Madness.

Wouldn’t it be cheaper and faster to just forge the signature? Be careful to spell the name right, how hard could this be?

Heck, that’s what I did when I wanted to get out of gym. I’d forge mom’s signature on a typed note.

If you forge the signature the forgery is on you.

Better to get someone else to sign it and say you had no idea they were not officially allowed to do so.

And, it would seem, Florida allows chiropractors to do this.

My unvaccinated brother just told us he has contracted Covid. His plan is to stay home from work until Tuesday.

Sorry to hear that. I hope his dumb ass doesn’t die.

Only until Tuesday? That may not be long enough.

I know that.