Share your Covidiot stories

Woman arrested in Honolulu for using a fake vaccination card. What gave her away was that she spelled “Maderna” instead of Moderna.

That sucks. I know from experience that it’s really, REALLY hard to not say “I told you so” while beating them about the head and shoulders.

His workplace lets him decide how long he’ll quarantine at home? Or is he not telling his employer he’s tested positive?

I was going to ask if there was a list of anti-vaxxer covid deaths and other bad outcomes but decided to Google first.

Voila - https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com

Sorry if this was linked before - I didn’t read every post in this thread. I have zero sympathy for for those who spread misinformation and repent at the last minute.

That is the saddest website I’ve ever seen. So many stupid people.

Update: a complaint has been filed to the Florida Medical Board which supposedly regulates chiropractors, concerning the chiro responsible for that flood of mask exemptions for schoolchildren. The complaint was filed by a woman identified as a “health professional”.

The local school board has announced it will no longer accept mask exemptions submitted by anyone other than licensed physicians* or advanced registered nurse practitioners. Left unsaid is whether those chiro mask exemptions will still be honored. It would also be interesting to know how much $$ that chiro raked in for providing exemptions (I’m assuming he didn’t do it gratis out of the goodness of his freedom-loving heart).

A quick check of that chiro’s website reveals that among the services his practice offers is “foot detox and cleanse”, so obviously they’re into front-line evidence-based health care.

*it should be noted that limiting exemptions to M.D.s, D.O.s or nurse practitioners doesn’t guarantee that a few of them won’t game the system as well. The California Medical Board recently warned that discipline could be forthcoming for doctors who issue improper exemptions, as they’ve gotten reports of a few doctors apparently cranking them out under questionable circumstances.

It was supposed to be herd immunity, not thinning the herd.

Look at the bright side. The GOP are killing their constituents, which means the voting population will trend more Liberal. Yes, there’s collateral damage; but thinning the herd affects more Conservatives.

I’ve just today got home from a two week hospital stay where I was on oxygen for the first week or so, due to a lung problem not related to COVID (I’m much better now!). Having spent the better part of a week unable to do even minor exercise (like just go the the bathroom!) without ending up gasping for air, even with the oxygen feed, I simply cannot wrap my head around someone else who is apparently even worse off than I was continuing to dismiss this as no big deal. I legit thought I might be dying early on, and there’s no way I ever want to be back at that point.

Even the guy emptying the wastebasket was pissed off at the anti-vaxx protest they had outside my hospital.

I’d love to be the one writing that complaint! “Dear Sirs, it has come to my attention that “Dr.” Bob is dispensing the wrong kind of pseudo-scientific bullshit. Please remedy this situation immediately!”

Oh good lord. Hubs is upset because a friend of his in Phoenix is wanting some Ivermectin and can’t find it in the Valley of the Sun. Hubs said he could get some from the local feed store and they are out. (And have been for at least two weeks.) Hubs called all of the other feed stores in 60 miles and couldn’t find anything. After listening to him making all the calls, while carefully not calling either of them idiots, I told him that heartworm medicine for dogs also contains Ivermectin.

He’s now ordering some from Chewy (I’m not sure if its for dogs or horses.) because his friend is getting really worried about catching delta and missing work.

I can’t. I just can’t anymore.

Sorry to hear this. But on the bright side he won’t be scratching due to fleas and ticks.

My granddaughter (who is 13) spent Friday afternoon after school + overnight at her best friend’s house. Saturday my stepdaughter called my wife, furious – best friend’s sister got COVID test results back on Saturday and she tested positive. Stepdaughter is pissed and upset that best friend’s mom let our granddaughter spend the night there even though she knew they were waiting on test results. My granddaughter has been vaccinated, but still… It’s just totally irresponsible.

(This is the same household where my granddaughter kept coming home with head lice every time she went over there, because friend’s mom doesn’t know how to treat lice. Friend’s mom is an idiot.)

At least hubs won’t be taking it. I haven’t talked to his friend for years because I think he’s a sexist asshole, so I don’t haven’t heard how he feels about the pandemic. I’d guess it would be safe to assume that he’s still a sexist asshole along with being a covidiot.

@Shoeless I would be furious as well. My parents kinda choose my friends for me when I was that age, perhaps its time for your stepdaughter to step in.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/571178-vermont-state-troopers-resign-amid-probe-into-fake-covid-19-vaccine?fbclid=IwAR3eLFmHPRDr4CCYUhz179-Zu1QNeClQDH05iAntJeS1jdP4qDuBfYQQAM0

Three Vermont state troopers have resigned amid an investigation into allegations relating to fake COVID-19 vaccination cards.

The former troopers — Shawn Sommers, Raymond Witkowski and David Pfindel — are suspected of having “varying roles” in a scheme to create fake vaccination cards that may violate federal law, the Vermont State Police said in a press release Tuesday

In a public service alert dated March 30, the FBI warned that forging a vaccine card is illegal, as the unauthorized use of an official government agency’s seal is a federal crime.

Not one I witnessed personally, but it’s in the news here today.

We’ve had a series of anti-vax protests outside hospitals all over Canada this past week. Well, at one in Cornwall, Ontario, last weekend, one of the protestors tested positive, and was likely infectious for the whole time they were surrounded by their fellow plague rats, potentially infecting the lot of them.

Wouldn’t have happened to nicer people.

A Scottsdale woman visiting Nebraska chases a woman and her daughter around the grocery store coughing on them. The internet sleuths do their thing, and she ends up being fired by her employer.

No matter how many of them fuck around and find out, there’s always another one waiting to fill the void.

This means that if you want to harass people in public for wearing masks and avoid detection by Internet sleuths, you’ll need to wear a mask yourself.

Maybe I should have posted this in the pit, but a teenager was mocked at a school board meeting in Tennessee for advocating mask-wearing:
https://www.cbs46.com/student-mocked-by-adults-after-sharing-personal-covid-19-connection-at-school-board-meeting/article_8ece1321-0ad8-5e90-bb27-28c7ea804840.html?block_id=688865