Share your Covidiot stories

You know what? Fuck 'em. Fuck 'em all. And fuck Donnie Two-scoops for turning a medical issue into a political one.

I wonder how the infected person likes their freedom now?

This is a FOAF story, so not at all vetted. But it’s too bizarre to not share.

My friend has a friend who is a pediatrician. He recently had a 12-year-old patient in his office. The subject of vaccinations came up. The patient’s mother told him that no one in the family was vaccinated against Covid.

The doctor encouraged the mother to get them all vaxxed.

“Oh, no!” the mom said. “If my husband got the vaccine and interacted with our son, even just standing next to him, it could make our son sterile!”

The doctor paused, and then gently told the woman that he himself was vaccinated and had been standing next to the boy for several minutes.

“That doesn’t matter,” she replied. “It’s only when the father stands near a boy that he could become sterile.”

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/81626820.jpg

This sounds like a bad joke, but it’s not

I’ve been appalled (and saddened) by the number of people in my own life who have turned out to be Covidiots. The latest instance appears to have popped up in the form of two out-of-state friends who suddenly ceased communications after Mom informed them that our family trip to their area had been cancelled yet again. At least I’m spending my vacation time away from work, but when I go back I have to deal with coworkers who try to pick fights about my mask-wearing sign. (It’s a little cartoon kitty showing how to properly wear a mask; it’s suitable and friendly enough for display in an elementary school, and management seems to like it.)

There’s one born dying every minute.

I’ve known my oldest friend since we were four years old. I blocked his emails over a decade ago because of all the racist (anti-Obama and more), jingoistic, hate-filled emails I was getting from him. I told him repeatedly to take me off of his mailing list, and he wouldn’t. So… blocked.

He disappeared from Facebook a couple of months ago. He’d called me at some point (before he was banned) and mentioned he had skin cancer. I happened to find his number, so I gave him a call.

He hasn’t been vaccinated. I couldn’t get a straight answer out of him. (He’s like his boy Trump, only without any money.) He claimed the vaccines are ‘experimental’ and we’re all guinea pigs. He’s positive his immune system is robust enough to fight off any infection. Why? Because he smokes and drinks, and smoking and drinking causes the body to secrete an enzyme that stops Covid from infecting cells.

Flew with Gramma to visit a second set of grandchildren; Augusta to Atlanta to Austin Tx - Delta. Every seat of both flights were full. Much credit to Delta - I’m paraphrasing here:

“Give us any shit about masks or wearing them wrong; off the plane you go. Find another way. If you give us any shit while in flight about wearing your mask or having it on wrong; you’ll be met at the gate, arrested, and fined.”

I felt like standing up and applauding. Only saw one maskhole, Austin airport. Wife was wearing mask on chin; he was just standing there, little fists clenching and unclenching.

I took a long trip on Amtrak last month and, being federal, the conductor announced after each stop, you had to wear a mask at all times on board except when actively eating or drinking and further, only two warnings would be given.

After that you would be put off the train at the next stop with no refund and no assistance from them on getting to your destination. When we pulled out of Benson, Arizona he announced that they had indeed, put someone off. Benson’s tiny and while you can rent a car there I doubt you can at 10pm which is when we left.

I didn’t see who it was but there was a maskhole in the cafe grousing at breakfast. I hoped it was him.

Flew from Miami to Philadelphia in June. While making the usual announcements after boarding but before pushing back from the gate, the Captain said:

…we’ve all seen those…uh…disturbing videos of passenger misconduct, and I won’t tolerate that on my aircraft.

I love a Captain that refers to, “my aircraft.” I relaxed into my seat a little more after he said that.

I’m certain they actually did put someone off, but I smile a little thinking it was theater to keep folks in line.

If that person was belligerent enough, they probably got a bed for the night courtesy of the local PD. I’ve seen police waiting for a drunk to be put off Amtrak.

Awesome. Thx for sharing.

Possibly, but in 10 days of rail travel it was the only time the conductor claimed to have ejected someone. Also it was at about the 3/4 point on the train’s route. “Tossing” somebody when we still were in Louisiana would have been more effective.

I’ve got several flights scheduled for November and December, and I’m hoping that none of them have some jackass deciding to make trouble. In all the times I’ve flown there’s never been a passenger making a scene, but now it seems to becoming more prevalent.

More COVID orphans. One of them is three weeks old and was born while her mother was intubated.

Complete headline:
California couple die of covid, leaving five kids behind. Their newborn is 3 weeks old.

Davy Macias, 37, was intubated and dying of complications from covid-19 when doctors helped her give birth to her daughter. She would never see her baby.

Her husband, Daniel Macias, 39, would only get a brief glimpse of their child because he, too, was hospitalized after contracting the virus.

But about a week after the baby was born, Davy died. Two weeks later, so did Daniel.

Davy and Daniel Macias, of Yucaipa, Calif., are among the 658,000 Americans to have died of covid-19 as the delta variant causes a resurgence of cases and health officials race to immunize a population divided on whether to take the shot. Davy Macias did not get vaccinated because she was pregnant, Serey said. It is unclear whether Daniel was vaccinated.

The deaths of Davy and Daniel Macias echo the story of Lydia and Lawrence Rodriguez, a Texas couple who last month died weeks apart from each other, leaving behind four children. Neither parent was vaccinated; before she died, Lydia Rodriguez asked her family to make sure her children received the vaccine.

My bold.

And another one gone, and another one gone…

Which ties in very nicely with a meme I saw recently asking why those ministers who promote themselves as faith-healers, healing the sick and disabled with prayers and hands-on, aren’t working in Covid wards.