Share your drive-thru stories please

Once in awhile I’ll get a Sausage Egg Biscuit at McD’s on my way into work. Unfortunately the drive-thru there will invariably give me the wrong sandwich. So I’ve gotten into the habit of staying right there at the window while I quickly open my sandwich and double check. I’ve gotten so quick that it doesn’t really take much time at all.

Funny though… the few times I forget to check my order are almost always the times they seem to screw it up.

One time I was at Boston Market, and the line of cars going around the building was like 9 strong. I just parked, walked in, immediately got my order in, and was out in less than 5 minutes. The line of cars was still stalled where they were before. I guess everybody was in their pajamas (or worse) or something…

I worked drive-thru at my local McDonalds in high school but unfortunatley nothing interesting ever happened to me.

My manager on the other hand had a lovely day once. Some lady wanted a milk-shake with her meal. I don’t remember if it was chocolate or vanilla but she definitely did not want strawberry. So she orders and the cashier collects the oder and gives it her. The lady walks out of the restuarant and then right back in with just the milk-shake. She politely asked to see the manager and since I wasn’t doing anything I went into the back and got her. The manager comes out and asks what can she do for the customer and the customer lady yelled, “WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM?” and then threw the strawberry milk-shake at my manager spilling all over her. Then the lady stormed out of the McDonalds and drove away.

We were all like, WTF? and then laughed our asses off.

I do this a lot at places like Starbucks. 7 cars in line at the drive thru, zero cars in the parking lot. I run in and out before 3 cars have moved through the line.

Headline: “McDonald’s may outsource drive-thru order-taking” (emphasis mine)

Hey, Hawaii’s on the cutting edge!

This happened to me at least twice. Unbelieveable.

My friend got a blow job as he went through the Burger King drive-thru. Was I there? No. Do I believe the story? Absolutely.

A blow job from someone in the car or someone taking the order?

Look at the article again – it’s dated March 10-11, 2005. This story from April of 2006 includes the following paragraph (emphasis mine):

The couple of times I have tried this, it seems I wait a lot longer inside than out. Apparently, many of these fast food joints have their drive thru times perfected but don’t really care about the folks on line inside.

Yeah I tried the going inside thing with Hardee’s (Carl Jr.‘s elsewhere) chicken. Still takes like 20 freakin’ minutes to get an order, I don’t think they cook it until you order or something. That’s why I avoid going there.

Proper response: “Sir. notice. how. fast. I. am. talking. That. is. how. fast. I. am. listening.”

Note to self: go to Burger King this weekend. Take wife. See what happens.

When I worked the bank’s drive through at lunch, a huge, late 1970’s LTD was parked at the window. As I was listening to the driver tell me what she wanted, she must have noticed me staring quizzically at the “Playboy” on the wide, flat dashboard, the LaToya Jackson cover. I was taken aback about a woman driving around with that magazine displayed prominently in her car. She was curious, she says, then she offered to send it through the drawer. Aaah, no, it was way against company policy.

Maybe it was Detroit Lions assistant coach Joe Cullen?

Also, David Letterman shows how to work the drive-thru.

This is where you break out the classic Beavis and Butt-head line:

“Could you, like . . . order less stuff?”

Do you get fries with that?

I believe I was at the McDonald’s in Kihei. When my mom and I pulled up to the sp Now, across and up the street from this particular McDonald’s is a Jack In the Box as well.
eaker, this is what was greeted to us:

“Welcome to Jack In the Bo-…(light, embarrassed laughter here)…I mean, welcome to McDonald’s can I take your order?”

My mom and I had a small laugh which I’m sure the poor girl overheard. We know where she worked before working at McD’s, don’t we? :smiley:

I used to work as a teller at a credit union, and I worked drive-thru a lot of the time. We had four lanes and two tellers worked in the drive-thru station. One day I was working with a woman named Kim. Kim was a very jolly, very talkative woman. She always liked to carry on conversations with customers whenever possible. So this minivan pulls in, woman driving, little girl about 8 or 9 in the front, and a cute little doggie in the back seat. Kim was waiting on the woman and I pointed out the cute dog to her. Of course she did the requisite “awwwwwwwwww” and asked the woman what her dog’s name was.

“Leslie,” said the woman. Kim began talking to the dog like people generally do talk to animals, complete with the baby-talk and laughter and kissy noises. Something like, “awww, Leslie, aren’t you adorable! kiss kiss kiss. Awww, she is so cute! hehe”…and so on. The woman got the most hilarious “WTF?” look on her face. See, she thought Kim asked her what her daughter’s name was. I knew this, but I was far too amused to intervene, and so I just tried desperately to stifle my laughter. The woman could only stare at us as Kim kept on talking to the dog like that, even going so far as to ask if Leslie could have a biscuit (we kept some dog treats back there to send to people with dogs if they wanted one).

I saw the woman glance over at the girl, who was obviously very confused, and just shrug her shoulders. When it was all over and they left (complete with dog biscuit for Leslie) I pointed out to Kim that the little girl’s name was Leslie, not the dog’s. She was pretty embarassed I think, but was able to laugh about it for a long time afterward.

Heh-heh…it was a passenger. Too bad. It’s even funnier the other way!

Why doesn’t she just have a salad with cheese and Thousand Island sauce?

What on earth is an ice capp? Is that something only Canadian McDonald’s sells?