Share your vitamin regimen.

I have to admit that given my nutritional habits, I should be much better at taking vitamins than I am. I often forget to do it for a while and before I know it, I miss a few weeks straight.

But when I do remember, I take a multi-vitamin, some C, some E, some Calcium and Magnesium, fish oil capsules. That’s about it. Also, I just take a handful all at once and wash it down with my morning coffee or some water.

I’m wondering if I should be spreading the intake through the day. I don’t get an upset stomach or anything but I do wonder if I’m hurting the uptake by just swallowing the lot in one go and getting on with my day.

I can’t tell you the dosages, as all of the bottles are in my desk at work, but I’m pretty sure I can list what they are.

Multi-vitamin
Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate
Vitamin E
Ester-C
Fish Oil Capsule
Coenzyme Q10 (Co Q10)
L- Carnitine

I think that’s it, though the list seems short. I guess it just seems like more when you’re pulling out and opening all the bottles and have a handful of pills to swallow.

That’s every weekday. I do have a multi-vitamin, C, and the fish oil capsules at home, though I rarely remember to take them on weekends.

I usually eat a couple of TUMS at night before I go to bed for calcium.

I take a multivitamin (centrum, or any other equivalent.)

Which gives 100% of the DV of:

Chromium, Copper, Iron, Manganese, Molybdenum, Zinc, Folic Acid, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Thiamin, B-6, B-12, C, D, and E. So it gives 100% of a good chunk of the vitamins and a good number of minerals.

I take a dietary supplement for potassium and also eat potassium rich foods to make sure I get my 100% of potassium. A lot of the other vitamins/minerals not covered by the multivitamin I get from food (vitamin A for example.)

I also take an EFA supplement to make sure I get all the alpha-Linolenic and Linoleic acid that I need.

As an FYI all my vitamins/supplements instruct me to take them with food. So I have no idea if your just taking them with water has any bad effect on the absorption. I tend to take mine with breakfast.

I generally have a nice multi which I adjust the daily amount of based on how “bad” I’ve been with my diet. All whole foods, organic type day with balanced meals? Two will do me. Pretty good but too refined-carby day? Take four. (My most common.) Fast food all day? Take six. I do two with breakfast, two with lunch if I’m slipping and two with dinner if the day’s gone to hell. My nutritionist does recommend taking them throughout the day.

I’m on the same company’s prenatal vitamin now, since I’m lactating. I do four of these, even though my diet’s pretty good right now, since I know I need extra stuff for making milk.

I also take 2 tablespoons of Brewer’s Yeast a day, mixed in hot chocolate or granola and yogurt. 30% RDA of protien and a ton and a half of B vitamins right there.

And fenugreek capsules - 6-8 per day, to increase milk production. But I doubt you’re looking for that!

Before bed, I take a multivitamin, and E, Evening Primrose Oil, and Fish Oil capsules.

I was never much of a vitamin-taker until my gastric bypass. Now I take a multi-vitamin, B-12, iron, calcium (Citracal-D), and biotin. All are required except the biotin, which I’m taking to (hopefully) combat the post-surgical hair loss. I just take them all with water, and eat my breakfast a half-hour later.

I take a multi-vitamin from Costco’s. When there is some kind of disease running rampant at my house or kids school, I take two. My urine is a pretty, pretty color.

In the morning, I take green tea extract and Tums for calcium. (the green tea extract is kinda hard ont he stomach and the Tums help) Int he evening, I take a multivitamin, fish oil, and iron supplements (which aren’t recommended unless you knwo for sure that you’re iron deficient).

I take one store brand children’s chewable vitamin daily. I don’t take Flintstones or some of the other kinds available nowadays because I have way more fun with purple hippos than orange Bam-bams.

Incidentally, my nutrition teacher last year had a long diatribe about how Americans take too many vitamins. Appearantly, most of what we eat is enhanced with various vitamins anyways, so we don’t really need to take more. She warned us about the dangers of regularly consuming five or six (or more) times the amount of vitamins that we need. I still take my vitamin every morning, so the lecture didn’t have much of an effect on me, but I encourage others to do some research on the topic if it sounds like something you might be at risk for.

By the way, in case you’re wondering, my vitamin today was a pink lion. :slight_smile:
-Mosquito

I take:

Multi-vitamin
Vitamin C
Calcium
B-12
Glucosomine & Condroiton (sp?)
2 Fiber tabs (for my IBS)
Digestive Advantage IBS pill

Nothing!

I take Vitamin C when I think I’m getting sick, and my mother keeps telling me to take a multivitamin every day but I always forget.

I’m probably horribly deficient in all sorts of things, but I seem to be managing ok for now. I eat fairly well, which helps. I can’t imagine myself taking a big handful of pills like that every day unless it was a life-or-death thing.

A multivitamin
Calcium
Evening Primrose Oil to stave off PMS symptoms
2 Fiber Tabs till I can eat solid foods again.
I don’t eat enriched foods- I make all my own from whole grains, vegetables, and such. So no fear of over-vitaminification here. Also using Colloidal silver to get rid of an ulcer for the next two weeks.

Ok, ladies, what’s the scoop on Evening Primrose Oil?

Let’s see…

In the morning I take a multivitamin (generally One-A-Day Maximum) and Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc tablets (1 or 2). I also drink a protein shake, that’s not vitamins, but it’s a supplement.

After school/practice, I drink s’more protein.

Before bed, I mix up some CalMax (calcium and magnesium powder) with hot water and juice. It helps my muscles recover, tastes good, and generally gets me to sleep easier.

I take a mulit-vitamin about 3-5 times per week with my biggest meal (dinner). I take zinc 3-5 times per week and argine and lysine 3-5 times per week.

I usually get all my nutrition from my meals and various protein bars.

I avoid the fish oil pills, because I’ve just read way too much about the practices of the companies that track and fish the species used for fish oil supplements.

My vitamin regimen: I haven’t taken a vitamin in my life since I ate Fred Flintstone when I was 6 or 7.

Like what? Contamination or cruelty towards fish or environmental things? I used to be concerned about mercury until I read a Consumer Reports review of fish oil that found no mercury in any of the samples tested (which ranged from brand names to generics). I avoid shrimp 'cause of the environmental issues in SE Asia but hadn’t heard anything about fish oil.

My regimen is pretty simple:

Vit. C
Vit. E
Vit. B Complex
Milk Thistle

These are consumed in the morning with breakfast.
Before bed, I take:

Calcium/Magnesium
Milk Thistle
Currently, I am taking two or three Olay vitamins to see if I notice any beneficial effects on my skin, which I have NOT, so far. I will probably not continue these.

multivitamin
flaxseed oil
bacopa
trimethylglycine
dl-phenylalanine
green tea
alpha lipoic acid
biotin
piracetam
DMAE

Jesus! What’s the dosage in your multi vitamin? If you’re only supposed to take one a day, then taking six is really not a good idea. Vitamin A in particular is not a sensible thing to take large amounts of - in fact it can be harmful at as little as five times the RDA (not particulary scolarly cite)
Just be careful, all you vitamin freaks!

(For me, I take 500mg of vitamin C split over two doses, and then only when I remember)