Shermer on the Colbert Report

…makes me almost wish I were gay. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone else see this last night? I thought Shermer was actually getting a little impatient with Colbert’s antics (shouting, cutting his guests off, taking things out of context/non sequiturs). What do you think?

Um…why?

I’ve nursed a massive platonic man-crush on Shermer for years, and Colbert would probably be in my Top 5 “What If?” list as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t think he seemed testy toward Colbert, besides which I assume that, although some of Colbert’s guests are clueless, Shermer is sharp enough to have known exactly what he was getting into.

Shermer gets testy towards the ideas he thinks are bullshit, apparently even when they’re delivered in jest. I don’t think he even pays attention to who’s stating the idea, or how it’s presented. His mind just says, “This is bullshit item number 1027-4B,” and delivers his canned response.

If it’s not apparent by now, I don’t much like Shermer, and I really don’t like Randi. I happen to agree with most of what they say, but they say it while looking down their noses (Randi is much worse than Shermer in this regard). I admit it’s kind of hard for me to not look down my nose at people who believe the US government blew up the WTC, but then, I don’t make my living trying to get people to think critically. Getting smug is no way to win a debate, even when the facts are on your side.

I think this turned into a hijack. Sorry.