Shit but no Tit? Pink on The Daily Show

On yesterday’s episode of The Daily Show as streamed online, Jon Stewart says “shit” repeatedly in an early segment. Then singer Pink comes on and does a song that also has the word “shit” in it numerous times.

But when one of Pink’s lyrics was apparently “whiskey tit”, the t-word got muted out. Then after Pink drops a few more S-bombs, they started getting bleeped, but just for her background singers!

Finally during her brief chat with Jon Stewart they both say “shit”, but when Stewart says it one final time, it gets bleeped!

That’s some fucked-up shit right there.

I think you’re only allowed so many swears in an episode.

I watched it on Hulu. I don’t think any of the "shit"s were censored- didn’t notice with the background singers or Jon’s final “shit” during the chat. But I think the lyric that was censored was “Whiskey dick” not “Whiskey tit”, I noticed the censor right away and was confused that “dick” would be censored but not the myriad of "shit"s.

I can confirm that the cable broadcast was unbleeped as well. I just about s(BLEEP)t myself.

Well, actully, I wasn’t listening closely to Pink so I missed whether anything was bleeped in that segment.

BTW, “Chaos on Bullshit Mountain” was a classic Stewart skewering of the right-wing noise machine. Loved it.

That was incredible. I think he’s in training for OReally.

If South Park is any indication, the limit is somewhere around 162.

It’s “whiskey dick,” which means an inability to achieve full erection because you’re drunk.

There’s no such thing as “whiskey tit.”

it was brilliant fake journalism - thank god someone’s doing it.

But wouldn’t it be great if there was?

I have a candidate if needed. Back in college there was a woman in the dorm whose shirt came off after three beers. She’d just spend the rest of the evening in the group without a shirt on, but the three beers was a requirement.

I believe we have a definition!

Wow, people here can say nice things about Fox!

:smiley:

A NYTimes articles on why they weren’t bleeping it:

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/20/jon-stewart-unbleeped-the-daily-show-leaves-some-choice-words-intact/

The censoring was reinstated for all reruns beyond the initial night.

I did notice the weird bleeping during the Pink song, but I didn’t even notice that they didn’t bleep all the times Stewart said “bullshit.”

They also said the word unbleeped last year during a Jason Jones segment on the “National Bullshit Ceiling.”

I turned to my wife during “Chaos on Bullshit Mountain” and said “I can’t believe they’re not bleeping all these ‘shits’” right in time for John to say “I’d expect this kind of thing from Asshole Cove…”

My mistake on “dick” vs “tit”. Still a little arbitrary if you ask me.

Perhaps, as we learned from the aforementioned South Park episode, the “shits” were acceptable in that they were in the non-literal sense.

And upon further review, towards the end Jon Stewart says, “I can’t believe I got the shit fucked out of me” and it’s the fuck that got bleeped.

Now that’s cutting with a fine scalpel.

That sounds like a challenge!

Well…

Bullshit Mountain was great, but the funniest thing on this episode was Jason Jones and that guy doing all the finger-pointing.