Shodan, Come, Let Us Reason Together

I fear that your intense anti-Americanism and fear of not marching lock-step behind your fellow Lefties has scared you into this frighteningly silly comment about my post regarding the abuse of ‘afraid’.

Carter Carter Carter Carter Blah Blah Blah Blah Carter Carter Carter Carter Blah Blah Blah Blah Get Over 2000 Get Over 2000 Blah Blah Blah.
Meanwhile, people who care about fair elections, including Liberal’s sister, will continue to be deeply concerned about our democratic right to vote and have those votes be counted.

You’ve never tried. In fact you’re a shill for him.

Oh wait, you were talking about Carter… :rolleyes:

FYI to Shodan,

Carter has not been President since 1981. That’s more than 20 years.

Is Metacom anti-American? Do you have a cite to back that up? And is he necessarily a Lefti?

I’m pro-American, pro-military, detest lefties, yet I also oppose Bush. I don’t jhate him, he’s probably a likeable guy, but he is a woefully bad president. As CEO of the US, he stinks. He’s bad on security, bad on the economy, he has mismanaged the war, and he’s generally incompetent. If McCain were running against Kerry, I’d vote for McCain, but that’s not an option. Bush has demonstrated that he is a failed leader, so we need to replace him.

Hardly the case, I fear. I am afraid that you misinterpret his (IMO, justified) attacks against rabid Leftist partisans, who themselves are using scare-tactics and Jimmy Carter. My great fear, though, is that some of you are abusing the word ‘afraid’.

Hey, Brutus,

Why are you so shit scared of a fair election? :stuck_out_tongue:

WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.

GWB won Florida. The Supreme Court had nothing to do with it. GET OVER IT, fergawdsakes!

Here, if you don’t believe me, try CNN. Even they acknowledge it.

Because I don’t a President Nader!

Errrrr,

Because I don’t want a President Nader!

Pay attention Brutus, Diogenes said fair election, not fairy election!! :wally

I suggest you read your own cite beyond the first paragraph.

Furthermore, he study examines scenarios in which Gore would have won, using the Palm Beach county standard, for example.

But either way, the Supreme Court still intervened illegally. If the recount had gone on and Bush had won fairly, the result would have been a lot more palatable.

I suggest you read your own cite beyond the first paragraph.

Furthermore, he study examines scenarios in which Gore would have won, using the Palm Beach county standard, for example.

But either way, the Supreme Court still intervened illegally. If the recount had gone on and Bush had won fairly, the result would have been a lot more palatable.It also would have helped if the count had not been run by rabidly partisan Bush supporters, if black voters had not been unfairly and dishonestly disenfranchised, and so on.

Looks like I should have added a “;)” after a few blank lines. I thought it would be obviously silly, but apparently it was merely frighteningly so. :smiley:

Shouldn’t it be why do you hate an honest count? :stuck_out_tongue:

I fear that whooshes and scare-tactic are frighteningly common in this frightful thread!

To be honest, I didn’t consider Shodan’s posts in that thread to be so out-of-line on the renormalized Shodan scale for post absurdity / lack of reason. If the average absurdity of a Shodan post is set equal to 1 (“1 Shodan”), I would say his posts in that thread are around 1…or at least of that order.

On, the other hand, I would measure the absurdity of posts from the average poster in milli-Shodans or micro-Shodans.

Bottom fucking line on several assertions:

George W. Bush won the Florida vote in 2000. We know this because the tallying was stopped with him ahead, courtesy of a decision in the U.S. Supreme Court. Whoever might have come out on top in a complete, accurate tally is immaterial.

But there were certainly enough problems associated with that state’s tally to warrant concern that it not be repeated.

Does any Republican posting to this thread want to get off his gripes about “leftist whining” and “Carter was blahblahblah” long enough to say, “Yes, I want to see a fair and honest count made of the votes in Florida in 2004.”? If so, I’d appreciate his saying so, here and now.

The GD thread in question had President Carter asserting that the recommendations of the commission he and President Ford had served on had not been adequately implemented. The results were that it turned into character assassination of President Carter, rather than a discussion of the issue raised in the OP.

And that is what I’m pissed about.

If Shodan wants to think that Carter is objectively worse than Bush II, he’s privileged to do so. If he wants to rant and rave about the man having asked his daughter what she was concerned about, he’s privileged to do so.

But not in a thread about a serious problem alleged to be present in the system that is supposed to be choosing our President for the next four years.

And it’s clear that he, and Brutus, and a few others, are so determined to believe that anything short of blind allegiance to God’s Anointed, George W. Bush, is hating the man. Personally, I think he’s no better and no worse than many another demagogic politician to come down the pike, on both sides of the political fence, in the last 50 years. I don’t support him; I loathe some of his positions.

But what I demand is that the American tradition of honest elections be continued – and any asshole who decides that the faults of the messenger are more important than the message he bears, and attempts to deflect discussion from the message to the messenger, deserves contempt.

Because the message is important. Even if Carter and Ford are wrong, and everything’s hunky-dory as regards Florida election practices (which Equipoise’s post suggests may not be the case), is it not worthwhile to find out that that’s the case?

The OP of that GD thread was what set the issue to be debated, not me and not you. Maybe Carter’s reason for raising this is that he’s a Democrat, and the Democrats lost Florida in 2000 – I’m inclined to think otherwise, but that’s something we can agree to disagree on.

But my issue, and why I’m sufficiently pissed to take this to the Pit, is that I believe in a Republic whose leaders are selected by democratic practices. And I want to see those practices being fair and honest, not subject to the potential for fraud.

If you happen to agree with that POV, you might say so. If you think it sufficient to attack me, Democrats generally, Jimmy Carter, or whatever, you’ll have made it clear that your interest is not in having Mr. Bush re-elected fairly, in an honest election, but in getting him re-elected by whatever means it takes.

And Pitting will be too good for you at that point.

Ya. There is no irrational and petty hatred of GW around here, just reasoned and well-supported rational opposition. :rolleyes:

You’re such a fucking, goddam tool. It’s not the same thing at all. He’s not saying if you disagree with Carter’s recommendations, you don’t care about fair elections, so long as you can factually refute Carter’s assessment and show why you think the elections might be fair…

You can’t. So you just stooped to character smears on Carter and didn’t address one single fucking point about the election problems that may crop up in Florida, again. Typical Bush supporter. Idiot.

All you do is dismiss the concerns with of your hand, simply because they’ll probably benefit your guy. That’s why we’re saying that you dont’ give a fuck about fair elections, so long as your guy wins. Because you don’t.