Sickening Victories.

This is something that happened to me a couple months ago, and I had to get it off my chest.

I was driving down a fairly busy four lane highway. I was in the the third lane(second from the left). Suddenly the car in the left most lane swerved right into my lane. I slammed on my brakes , but he still hit me. The corner of my bumper caught his car and left a deep gouge from his passenger door to his rear bumper, but there was no damage on my car at all (steel bumper). We pull off to the left emergency lane and called the cops. Two black dudes and two black chicks get out of the car. (yes the fact they were black is very important to the story) The driver says he is sorry and we wait. The cops show up, and suddenly the driver’s story changes. He claimed I jerked over across several lanes from the right-most while he was carefully turning from the left most to the second left lane. The cop then came to me and asked my side, and I told him what happened. He took all my information, then told me to take off. I was surprised, but started my car up, and as I was leaving He mumbled somthing like “damn n*****s should learn how to drive”.
I haven’t heard anything about it since, and assume that everything was taken without me taking responsibility and without my need to come to court or anything. Justice was served, and there was no way I could afford it if I was found partially responsible, and the word of one person aginst four wasn’t likely to be listened to.

It really sucks that the only reason I was believed is becuase I was white(and believe me I’m not the picture of a high-class guy) and the other driver was black. But I didn’t have the guts to find the highroad and possibly piss off the cop.

I’m not going to speak on the cops comment, that’s a personel matter.

The only thing I can think of is, he heard their story, heard your story, looked over the evidence, and knew who was telling the truth. I’m going to assume the dents and all gave him a good idea who did it. I know it’s pretty easy for some of those guys to tell in seconds what has really happened. I used to deliver for a Body Shop Supply company, so I’ve met quite a few people like that.

aptly named thread. :frowning:

Doesn’t it suck? You know something is wrong but you don’t want to say anything because you might ruin your personal gain? But, if the other driver was such an asshole to change his story to get you into trouble, he deserved to be held responsible, but not because of his color. Don’t worry, your still a good guy, I think.