Signatures [SDMB]

That we can’t really come to a consensus on what it means.

Tripler
Well, not a majority consensus.

mine exists to share some music
potato rock

That I have a pretty high opinion of myself, which is against my Nordic nature, so I don’t use it often.

A general statement on Existence.

How to pronounce my name, a pic of my favorite but now dead mosquito, and a quote from my favorite game. Maybe it says I need to edit, or something. Too many ideas.

Mine says that it ain’t about you. If it were, the world would bend over backwards for your pleasure instead of bending you forward for it’s.

is it that specific mosquito or is that pic a representative of your favorite species? Obviously my knowledge of mosquitos is quite limited if the entire species is gone.

you have a favorite mosquito?

It was a specific mosquito. I had a fish tank terrarium on my desk made for her and her mate.

That I like the show Big Bang Theory.

Ah, I gotta ask, why mosquitos?

I work at the Center for Vector Biology at Rutgers. We do mosquito and arboviral research, such as with West Nile. (I’m an ornithologist, covering birds as viral hosts.) We have mosquito colonies for research/education, and the Tox were one colony. They’re HUGE mosquitoes that do not bite - no blood needed to produce eggs - and are fascinating to watch. So I set up a terrarium on my desk to watch them.

Here is that mosquito trying to shoot eggs into a bromeliad in the terrarium. :slight_smile:

Probably that my mind comes up with silly variants on whatever is actually written if I see it often enough.

well, that’s pretty neat, but I think I’ll stick with the crow thank you:)

your’s actually made me simily (3ed attempt I give up your sig messed my typing sircuits all up):wink:

That sounds like fascinating work, brachyrhynchos! However, that video reminds me of my ex in the delivery room.

Speaking of pets. We adopted a gorgeous young cat yesterday! Here is his pic.
…oops, sorry, wrong photo. Here is the real deal. His name is Tibby (of course). He is a rescue cat. The foster family said he was picked up by the talons of a large owl when he was a small kitten (hence, the deformed right ear). I’m happy he was dropped instead of becoming owlet food.

He’s getting along well with our dog, guinea pig, gerbil, 2 mice, fish and crab (did I mention we’re animal lovers?). Don’t have any mosquitoes, but do have a number of pesky drain flies.

I promised my daughters that I won’t put *this *cat in a box.

I had to look it up because I haven’t used it or changed it in several years. Red Green meets Archimedes.