Sigs from The Princess Bride

I watched it again tonight on Fox Movies.
“Life is pain. Anyone who tells you something else is selling something.” would be a great sig if I hadn’t a perfect one already.
What would be your sig from TPB?

Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is “never get involved in a land war in Asia” - but only slightly less well-known is this: “Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line”!

“No one of any importance”

“As you wish.” is a great line, but probably not good as a sig around here. :slight_smile:

Actually, as soon as I saw the thread title, I thought “Mine would be Life is pain…etc.” So, you win.

“Offer me money!
Power, too! Promise me that!
Offer me anything I ask for!
I want my father back you son of a bitch.”

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Good gad, I won a thread with my first post in my own thread…I can die happy.

Thank you, dangermom.

It would have been a sad day indeed if that was posted by anybody else.

I do not envy you the headache you will have when you awake. Until then, rest well and dream of large women.

This thread would be shorter if we listed the lines that don’t make good sigs.

This would be my choice also, or maybe

“true love is the best thing in the world, except for a nice MLT. Mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich; when the mutton is really lean.”

Mine would be:

Oh, what I wouldn’t give for a holocaust cloak…

“Lemme 'xplain…no, there is too much. Lemme sum up.”

A bit off topic: In the game Civilization IV, one of the loading screen hints reads, “Never get involved in a land war in Asia.”

Stop! Or I’ll call the brute squad!

I’m on the brute squad.

You ARE the brute squad!

“Have fun storming the castle!”

“Give him a break. He’s been mostly dead all day.”

I feel it’s only right to point out the perfect link for this tread.

Am I going MAD, or did the word “think” escape your lips? You were not hired for your brains, you hippopotamic land mass.

Si

There’s a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a pity to damage yours.

Querying my own quote…

Most quote sites found in Google have hippopotamic, but I thought it was hypothalamic - relating to a disorder of the endocrine system, thus resulting in giantism. I’ll have to rewatch the movie. What a chore. :wink:

Si