Simetra's in need of cheerful thoughts.

I was talking to Simetra – who is not only one of my favorite posters, but is quickly becoming one of my favorite people in general – earlier, and it seems like he’s having a rough time. :frowning: So, I said to myself, “Self, what can I do to make Simetra smile?” After coming to the realization that flying down south and performing my tone-deaf rendition of “Sweet Home, Alabama” wasn’t a feasible option, I decided that a little MPSIMS thread might work.

So, Dopers, what do you love about Simetra?

I love that he pays me compliments that I don’t deserve – in French, no less! I love that he deems my semi-stalker-esque activities “deliciously cute.” I love that he’s music savvy. I love that I can talk to him about the most random things for hours on end. I love that he wrote me my very own lullaby. I love that he makes me laugh even when he’s feeling crappy. I love that he’s got that whole big brother thing going on. I love that he’s such a wonderful, kind, generous, empathetic, wicked cool, and generally smashing person.

C’mon, guys, tell Simetra that he kicks ass!
[sub]Stephen, sweetie, I hope you’re not upset with me for starting this thread. I just thought you needed to see how many people care about you.[/sub]

I have not seen Simetra’s posts so I can’t say he kicks ass. But, a cheerful thought? Cold beer lapped out of the navel of a nubile nymph…hope it’s lyrical enough. :slight_smile:

Ooo, a topic I can contribute to!

“What I Love About Simetra”
By: Rasa

Simetra, from day one, has just about always, without fail, been the first person to post to my threads. No matter how M or P it was. He always has a word of encouragement and a smile.

His self-deprecation drives me up a wall and I want to hit him when he says how ugly he is, but he’s got a killer sense of humor and knows how and when to use it.

He’s very, very tall. And for the record, Sim, I thought you were beautiful before I even saw your picture. :slight_smile:

If I made you smile, Sim, then my work here is done, cuz you’ve made me smile time and again just by being you.

I could go on and on but I really wanna be the first to post here, like he always is for me. :slight_smile:

Damn you, Tequila, for stealing my thunder! :wink:

Although I don’t know Simetra, I can only wish them the best there is and the knowledge that life does get better even when you are having a hard time.

These words may not mean much to someone that I have never met, but a Doper who is willing to post their appreciation for someone else deserves a hello, howdoyado from me.

Get better in whatever ails you Simetra, and remember you have some great friends here. I know I do.

A thesis on the traits of Simetra and how they make doobie feel about him
By Doobieous
DoperPsychology 306
Spring Semester, 2001

I like Simetra cause…

• He loves the way I say his name all French-like: Simetre
  • He’s actually cute, even though he says he isnt.
  • he’s tall
  • His self deprecation is endearing, althought we all know he’s not as bad as he makes himself out to be
  • He’s one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to talk to.
  • He’s just rad

I hope I too have made Simetra smile. Cheer up dude, you arent as bad as you think you are :).

OH! I almost forgot! Simetra came to the rescue and told me the proper French spelling for some nonsense phrase that Jack Batty told us about that sounds like “way oont waa”!

That, in and of itself, rocks!

Did I mention that Simetra is wicked productive? The other day, during his lunch break, he wrote a program for a translator. Do you want to know what I did during my lunch break? I contemplated whether I would rather be stuck on a tropical island with Matt Damon or with Ben Affleck. (In the end, I decided that our very own Sim was a better bet than either of those Hollywood heartthrobs. ;))

</whiny Nym voice> Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiim! Come back to chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! We miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiss you! Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaasssseeeeeeeeeeeeee! </end whiny Nym voice>

:smiley:

Simetra sent me a couple of MP3s when he didn’t even know me. I thought that was pretty cool. He seems a genuinely nice and generous person.

Stephen, I didn’t send any back 'cause I don’t have any. :frowning:
I hope things look better for you soon.

Simetra is a sweetheart. He DOES have a killer sense of humor, and he is unfailing kind to everyone when they need it. And, when they don’t need it, he is a great big tease, which is also what you need sometimes. And I think that his sensitivity to when you need which is a very unique gift.

ANDI would like to weigh in on the side of the ladies who think that you are gorgeous, Sim…And sweet and intelligent, too!

Thanks, Serendipity darling, for bringing this up. We LOVES our Simetra!

In conclusion, what Nyms said!

Scotti

Well… I don’t know what to say. If I knew what was getting you down, I could offer sage advice that would instantly, quickly, satisfaction garaunteed, pick you up. As it is, I’m left with offering vague assurances about how everyone likes you, and how you make a difference, so on and so on, not very satisfactory.

I would like to talk about the great times we’ve had on the board, and in chat, and how your Instant Messages always pick me up when I’m down, and how I’d like to do the same for you. Unfortunately, I can’t. We haven’t interacted as much as we could, I can’t speak of great times, and we certainly have never IMed. Not that I wouldn’t like to, it’s just that nothing has ever come up that we’ve felt the need to.

I can’t say that I wouldn’t like to. you’re a genuinely nice individual, you always respond to Rasa’s posts (I gotta give you props for that), you don’t always say much in chat, but you aren’t an asshole or someone I’d avoid. You’re someone who if I got a chance to interact or talk to a bit more I’d probably like, buy a beer, maybe hang out a few times, listen to your problems, and hopefully be able to cheer you up.

At this point, all I can do is offer vague reasurences that we have all been there. For some of us it’s been worse, for some of us it hasn’t been nearly as bad. For some it’s gotten better, and for some it hasn’t. Life moves on, and there’s a definete chance that it (whatever that happense to be) will get better, but you have to work at it, not let “it” get you down. Keep a high chin, a smile, a wink, and a spring in your step. By now I’m starting to talk out my ass, so I’ll say best wishes and smiles.

and Wombat.
I gotta say Wombat.

All I can say is, I love you guys. This is more than a guy like me could ever deserve.

Chatting with Serendipity last night on AIM about the truly crappy night that I had was the most helpful thing I could’ve done. She’s truly a God sent angel, and I’ll put anyone who says otherwise to the fist as quickly as they say it. She quiets my fear and depression with a Piscean intuitiveness and empathy that I didn’t think existed, and then she goes and makes this thread. I so dig you sweetie, and tho a little embarrassed at the attention, I’d never be upset.

I didn’t know if anyone would reply, but you did, and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I don’t really want to go into the details of last night for the world to hear, but none of you will ever know how much this means to me, and how incredibly wonderful you’ve made me feel.

Rasa, you’re awesome. And yes, for those of you keeping track that is the understatement of the year. I’m glad I can make you smile, and you’re such a beautiful woman, I’m sure your smile radiates a rapturous warmth to everyone around you.

Doob, we should all be so lucky to know a guy like you. Genuinely warm, and I “do” so love your Psuedo-French pronunciations. Plus, vous êtes mignon comme enfer. Thanks man.

Nymysys, I’ll be back soon. And at the risk of being Pooh-esque, “Thanks for noticing me.” or the lack of me anyway.

Bumbazine, always my pleasure to distro a little obscure music that you might not have heard otherwise. You need Mp3s? Don’t worry, I’ve got your hook-up. I’ll get back on Zenster’s music distro list soon. I’ve got a couple songs that you all need to hear.

Scotticher, you’re gorgeous. You must know that. If that is your driver’s liscense photo on the right on the people pages, which I assume it is, it’s one of the best one’s I’ve ever seen. You’re a blessing, thank you, and stay sweet, which I’m sure won’t be a problem.

Robgruver and Tequilla, thanks for the kind words. I’m sorry I don’t know you better either, but I look forward to getting to know you both.

Wombat to you too Oldie, and you’re absolutely right. We’ve all been there. I’m sick of being here, and I’m working on it. Also, I’d definitely buy you a beer. If for nothing else, then for the simple fact that Rasa likes ya so much. Thanks for being a stand up guy.
Okay, I’m getting terribly long winded here. I’ll be okay, and I’ll get on with it. I just want to say one last time how much I love you guys, and Serendipity, how absolutely dear you’ve become to me. You’re truly one wicked schway babe.

Take care all, and thank you again. I’ll see ya round the boards and at #SD. Soon as I straighten a couple things out with myself.

“You are cute like fire?” Heehe, is my French that rusty?

I also meant to say way to go Serendipity for keeping Simetra smiling!

Oh and Simetra?

This:

IS NOT ALLOWED! Did we not all do a sufficient job of telling you that you deserve nothing but the best and always more? You do so deserve this! Now waay oont waa!

I don’t know how great Simetra is yet, but I’ll find out on the tenth of March–that is, if he’s coming to the DopeFest. If not…well, I’ll find out some other time. :wink: Cheer up, sugar!

{Simetra}

I don’t know you very well as a poster, and it seems to be my loss. I don’t know if this will make you feel better, but here are some lines from a poem I always read when I’m feeling down; it’s called “Sweetness,” by Stephen Dunn:

Here’s hoping that whatever’s bringing you down disappears, and that you find some sweetness to get you through.

::licks Simetra::

mmm… tasty. :stuck_out_tongue:

This guy had the courage to step in and send out music files while I was slugging it out with tonsilitis.

Hats off to you Sim!

No no, it’s not a hat, it’s a cover!

[sub]Um or is it just the Army that calls a hat a cover?[/sub]