Simple Alcoholic Drinks to make.

To the core!

Another easy to make drink but deadly is the porch climber
3 cans beer
1 bottle (26oz/750ml) vodka
1 355 ml container frozen orange juice
Mix, pour into cups and make sure you have no plans for the next day or two.

Moscow Mule - vodka, ginger ale, and lime juice

I like mojitos:
Dark rum (Gosling Black Seal works best)
Guarapo (sugar cane juice, although you can substitute a simple syrup in a pinch)
Fresh mint leaves (crushed with a mortar and pestle)
Fresh lime wedges (crushed with a mortar and pestle)
Serve it all over crushed ice. Very cool, tropical, refreshing.

Vanilla Skyy:
Ice-cold Vanilla Coke
Skyy vodka
(This is even better if you use regular Coke and have real vanilla syrup to add, like old-fashioned soda fountains)

Jack Daniels and Coke

Southern Comfort and Wink (grapefruit soda – Squirt or Fresca also work)

Any flavored rum or vodka with Sprite

I have a bachelor party I’m attending Friday. I’m going to try this. Is there any specific beer that’s better?

I have a Widget that has several hundred drink receipes. Most are … not so good.

Here’s my two favorites:

Peper Absolut™* Bloody Mary
8 oz -V-8™ Juice
1 shot Peper Absolut
a dash or two of worcestershire sauce
1/4 dill pickle cut lengthwise.

Pour 11/2 oz Peper Absolut™* into a shot glass.
Place rim of glass firmly against your lips.
Open mouth, slightly
Quickly, in a single motion, toss head back, keeping the glass firmly against the lips and allowing vodka to enter your mouth.
Scream in pain, rinse, repeat.

*Store in the freezer

I don’t know… I haven’t had this for a long time since copious quantities of vodka have been know to take my brain and hold it for ransom. But back then I used basic swill, nothing fancy or expensive. I would probably use a nice ale nowadays. You don’t want to overpower the orange juice concentrate, otherwise you will just have “watered-down” beer.

my fav is simliar
a Ceasar

Clamato Juice (no it does not taste like clams)
vodka
celery salt for rimming the glass
a dash or two of worcestershire sauce
a dash or two of tobasco sauce

And the garnish varries from a celery stalk to pickled asparagus

Its the drink that eats like a meal

Burbon goes well with it. The wonderful distillers from Jim Beam sell it in a can, premixed.
Burbon & Lemonade…
Burbon & Coke…
Burbon & Kool-aid
Chilled burbon, straight up.

Add some Black Seal rum to any of the above in addition to the Burbon.

Vodka martini combinations… use what you like. Vodka mixes with nearly any liquor/juice.

Citrus/rasberry flavored vodka & Chambord with a splash of lime juice, shake over ice & server in a martini glass. Add a splash of fruit juice in addition to the Chambord or in place of it. (Caution, without the fruit juice, these are like drinking rocket fuel! Easy going down, but ZOWIE!!! in the effects! :D)

Is a “Cuba Libre” the same as a Rum and Coke?

Manhattan: Two parts whiskey, one part sweet vermouth, dash of angostura bitters. Shake in cocktail shaker with ice and pour into glass with ice.

Martini: A classic, and easy to make provided you have the correct equipment, garnish, and glasses. (I make mine rather wet because I don’t want to be wiped out after one or two):

Two parts gin
One part dry vermouth
Combine with several ice cubes in shaker.
Prepare olives and glass

SHAKE–SHAKE–SHAKE! The importance of adequate shaking cannot be overstated. The finished drink should be icy cold when served.

Strain into glass.

Maybe it’s regional, but around here we call that a Greyhound and the customer must request the salted rim

otherwise, if someone orders a salty dog, I automatically reach for the gin

Traditionally, a Cuba Libre is garnished with a lime wedge while a simple rum and coke doesn’t come with that. It’s a little more sophisticated to request a cuba libre instead of saying, “can I have a rum and coke with a lime wedge?”

less than full shot of each: vodka, gin, rum, and tequila
top up with sweet-n-sour (mixture of lime juice & simple syrup)
splash cola for color
garnish with lemon wedge

Strange, thats how I have been preparing my “Rum and Coke”. I didn’t realize that was a Cuba libre.

So what is the best rum to use for a Cuba Libre? I use Bacardi Gold.

Thank you. I like odering with my meal at “Fridays”. I really like, didn’t realize it had 4 different types of hard liqour. :confused:

I wish I can edit my post :smack: typos everywhere in that last one.

Agreed. However, no one ever accused me of not being a pedant.

The name makes sense to me, as Cape Cod is in cranberry country. It’s scant miles from the Ocean Spray factory.

And a local ice cream shop had a flavor called Cape Codder. It was cranberry ice cream with vodka in it. Actually, it was terrible.

What I think is really crazy is when someone orders a “top shelf” Long Island Iced Tea. It’s not the sort of drink a connoisseur might order as the flavors are all so mixed and jumbled.

This poster assumes no responsibility for any offense taken as it is purely unintended if you are the sort who orders a “top shelf” Long Island Iced Tea.

Congrats! You are what I like to call The Accidental Sophisticate.

Honestly, I don’t much care what rum goes into my coke. My motto is usually, “As long as there’s rum-in-it, I’ll drink it.”

[QUOTE=cruel butterfly]
What I think is really crazy is when someone orders a “top shelf” Long Island Iced Tea. It’s not the sort of drink a connoisseur might order as the flavors are all so mixed and jumbled.

[QUOTE]

Ok, so I have not been ordering the real thing. I guess I should try and make the real thing over the weekend. :slight_smile:

As far as a simple alcoholic beverage to make, I get a lot of requests for this one. The name of the drink is strictly regionally recognized, but as some of you see the ingredients and the method, you may recognize a familiar concoction which you call by a different name. Here goes:

salt the rim of a tall highball glass
squeeze the juice of a half of a lemon into the glass
fill with ice
pour a shot of vodka over ice
top up with club soda
garnish with a lemon wedge

Around here, this drink is called a “Chilton”