Single lines from songs that get stuck in your head indefinitely.

And not necessarily in a good way.
The following have been plaguing me this past week:

“She’s only seventeen, (shrill echo) SEVENTEEN!” Winger, “Seventeen.” May God have mercy.

“As the world turns, I spread like germs.” Wu-Tang Clan, “Triumph.”

“What you gon’ do, SHAWWWW!” Lil Jon, “What You Gon’ Do?”

“You don’t have to watch Dynasty to have an attitude!” Prince, “Kiss.”

“I’m happy, hope you’re happy too.” David Bowie, “Ashes to Ashes.”

“All I want is Enry… Iggins’… ED.” (Inexplicable. I haven’t seen that movie in aaaaages.)

I swear I have way better musical taste than what might be suggested by my list (second and penultimate entries excepted; no shame about those).

You put da lime in da coke, you nut, and drink im both together…Grrr curses to the Doper who posted that thread.

You put the lime in the Coke, you nut, and it tastes like stanky ass crumbs.

That Winger song is going to haunt me for the rest of the day. As revenge, I give you …

Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl …

Hersheeeeey, the sweetest place on Earth!
Damn catchy commercials.

The coconut song.

Showtunes. For me, the most recent one was the line(s) in “Jesus Christ Superstar” when Jesus implies that his dicplies are a bit thick and then freaks out Peter and Judas. Had that stuck in my head for a week.

This is by far the most stuck-in-my-head song I’ve ever had. It’s been there on and off for like a year, and it’s so stuck that when I hear the topic of songs being stuck in people’s heads brought up, my brain thinks to itself “hey, what’s that songs that’s been stuck in my head? Oh yeah…”

Anyhow, the song is Scotty Doesn’t Know from the fun B-movie Eurotrip, as performed by (of all people) Matt Damon, and the line is:

Scotty doesn’t know that Fiona and me
Do it in my van every Sunday
She tells him she’s in church but she doesn’t go
Now she’s on her knees, and SCOTTY DOESN’T KNOW!!!

:smiley:

Yes. Yes. MaxTheVool took mine. Ever since I saw this movie, it feels like that song is constantly in my head. It doesn’t help that my SO’s name is Scotty. :smack:

Yatta! Yatta! Yatta! Yatta!

Fortunately it’s got a good beat for jogging to.

Kind of odd, but always stuck with me:

“All the anger and the eloquence are bleeding into fear” It’s a Counting Crows song, but I can’t remember which one or even which album.

From musicals:
“Pick-a-little, talk-a-little, cheep, cheep, cheep…” from The Music Man

and recently:

“Reefer madness! Reefer madness!” from Reefer Madness

It’s more than a line, but Aimee Mann’s “High on Sunday 51” gets stuck on this verse in my head. It’s such a vividly accurate description of so many relationships I’ve known.

We have crossed the Rubicon – our ship awash, our rudder gone.
The rats have fled but I’m hanging on, let me try, baby, try.

Also floating around lately is a couple lines from Dido – her “Do You Have a Little Time”:

If you should stop for a while, you’ll find me standing by, over here, at the side of your life.
I’d like to hold you still, remind you of all you missed – if you have a little time, have a little time, that is.

As for single lines, I see your Copacabana, and I raise you Oh Mandy, you came and you gave without taaaaaaking…

On preview: Coulbean – “Daylight Fading”, Recovering the Satellites

Cat Fight recommended Llorando over at Most Beautiful Piece of Music, and now I keep hearing Ms. del Rio wail, “JORAAAANOOO!!!” over the Slipknot I am playing to drive her out of my head.

Still a beautiful rendition, though.

I was helping my cat give birth on Sunday and I kept singing “Her placenta falls to the floor.” from Live’s Lightning Crashes.

I kept grossing myself out with that line because I don’t like the word “placenta” and I don’t think it should be in a song. EVER.

And IIIIIII will always love YOUOUOUOUOUOUO!

The kids and I recently rented Little Shop of Horrors (and loved it, BTW) but there is one song in that movie that burrows into your brain and festers there and no matter how many times I hear it I can’t remember the rest of the words:

SUDdenly Seymour…is standing beside me…

(forty seconds pass, and then)

SUDdenly Seymour…is standing beside me…

This can last for hours. It’s become a bit of a family joke to lay it on each other. For example, one kid will punch the other. The second kid will shoot first kid the glare of death, and say, “SUDdenly Seymour…” Whereupon the whole family suffers.

Always remember and never forget:

“Guilty feet have got no rythymn”

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

There will be no stopping it for the rest of the day. You hit me with the Wham!my. :frowning:

The song is actually by a band named Lustra , and it’s ridiculously catchy for sure.

I always have different songs in my head, so it’s hard to pin a single line down. But here’s one that comes up more than others:

So pure… so rare… to witness such an earthly goddess

From Magdalena by A Perfect Circle

“Daylight Fading,” from Recovering the Satellites.

I’ve been singing, “It’s a test, but I believe a kiss is all we need.” Wilco’s song “Nothing’severgonnastandinmyway(again)”