Damned Song Is Driving Me Nuts!

“One of these things is not like the other…”

That has been ringing in my mind all day. And I keep thinking of a man, a chimp and a gorilla.

What is ringing in your mind?

I want a girl with a short skirt and a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong jacket.

Not today, but the last time it happened it was the Triplets of Belleville theme. The irritating thing was that since it’s in French, I couldn’t make out the words, either during the movie or when it was running through my head. I mean, my head didn’t even have the decency to make up fake words for me.

I’ve got the song “Hold Me Now” by the Polyphonic Spree rattling in my brain. This is not a good thing.

Robin

Due to a post over in my thread on puns, I had “Chatanooga Choo Choo” in my head for hours. Thankfully, that has been replaced by another song. I was just looking at the listing for a Bryan Adams album, and now I have the chorus of “Cuts Like A Knife” stuck in my head.

“Na na na, na na na na na, na na…”
Help!

Magical Trevor

Pardon me, boy, is this the thread you meant to link to? :wink:

My worst song-in-the-head experience is post #7 over there. Damn, that was a great number!

The song “He Needs Me” by Harry Nilsson and sung by Shelley Duvall, from Robert Altman’s Popeye (1980) – and currently plugged in a commercial, playing throughout the Olympics coverage, featuring a bevy of assorted tennis nymphets playing like a Williams sister.

I knew I’d heard it before, but couldn’t place it, and it was driving me nuts. Finally I Googled “He needs me, he needs me, he needs me…” and darned if it didn’t come right up! :slight_smile:

I had finally driven out “Milkshake” by Kelis, but then some fool mentioned again and now it’s going to be stuck in my head for another few weeks.

Even my sure-fire technique of driving out a song – humming “Tom’s Diner” by Suzanne Vega over and over again – hasn’t worked.

I just can’t fit
Yes, I believe it’s time for us to quit
When we meet again
Introduced as friends
Please don’t let on that you knew me when
I was hungry and it was your world.
Ah, you fake just like a woman, yes, you do
You make love just like a woman, yes, you do
Then you ache just like a woman
But you break just like a little girl.

“Just Like a Woman” by Bob Dylan

So everytime somebody mentions a song stuck in your head, this one leaps into mine and hangs around for a few months. Thanks!

That’s really sad, John Carter. I’ll give you a song to replace it.

Let me think…

Summer of '73…stuck in line at Disney World…I can just make it out…YES!

“It’s a small world after all…”

(That will teach you to complain about a Dylan song.)

Yesterday, “Shout It Out Loud” by KISS for no apparent reason.

Today, Toto’s “Rosanna” thanks to train station insisting on pumping 80s hits over the PA non-stop (not always a bad thing).

:eek: :eek: :eek: “It’s a small world after all…” :eek: :eek: :eek:

That was pure evil. Not quite as evil as a certain song sung by strange little green men in a movie about a candy manufacturer. That one’s evil and creepy and makes me go all stabbity stab stab. And please do not mention it by name or quote it, unless you wish to be the object of my stabbity stab stab.
:mad:

Right now I have the Olympic theme (can’t remember it’s actual title), which tends to happen on a daily basis right now but was made worse when some people at work decided to keep humming it.

You people think you have it bad? Just wait till you get that horrible kiddie song about the @#$# Titanic stuck in your head.

Ever wanted to slam your head against the wall until you were unconscious?

[quote]
KRC: Ever wanted to slam your head against the wall until you were unconscious?

[quote]

Ooooh! That made me remember “You Light Up My Life” by Debby Boone. Ooooh! Nooooo!

Into the woods, I have to go.
I hate to leave; I have to, though.

You mean little ORANGE men? From Loompa Land? Making observations and spreading wisdom about the Human Condition? How *did * that song go? Something like:

Boom-pa, Boom-pa, Boopity-boo…Hmm, can anyone help me out here? :smiley:

sigh Inigo, how could you?

Were they orange? Well, something must of been green, like their hair or overalls? Anyway, I try to block any thought of that song and the singers out of my head so details might be a little fuzzy.

However, you quoted the song (badly), so …

My name is Tiramisu, you quoted the song, prepare to be stabbitied.

Rhapsody in Blue. Damn Gershwin. And there aren’t even any words just

ba-ba-ba… BWAHHHHHHH ba-ba-be-bahhh-ba-ba-bwahhh-ba-be-da-de-ba

(da da di da. da. da da de da de da duhhhhhhhh)
Sigh.