Six Feet Under - 7/25/2004 (Spoilers, of course)

Not to mention her piling grief on David with her interrogation. She has been a major bitch so far this season. I can perfectly understand George being short with her.

And don’t forget her attempts to have George reconsile with his poo-sending son. Ruth and George are going to have come to a end this season. There is no way the marriage lasts. I can only hope that Arthur comes back to ‘comfort’ Ruth. His exit was too quick.

Oh, yes, I forgot about Ruth’s “blame the victim” interrogation.

And poor David with those gifts! Um, a Neti pot? Okaaaaay. But Claire takes away his gift at dinner, claiming it isn’t meaningful enough. Than, the next day, after he tells her that psycho-boy doused him with gasoline , she gives him a picture where it pretty much looks like he’s on fire! Yup, I would say that that is meaningful enough.

He deserves an Emmy just for “I would never send you…feces.”

Gah! Actually, Arthur said “I would never send you…poo.” Poo is much funnier, right? :wink:

i thought the line at the beginning, when nate is at the dog kennel, was pretty much spot on. i think the owner sees him playing with a certain dog, and she says something to the effect of “fido usually hates men.”

i guess the dog doesn’t mind self-centered little boys.

the dialogue has really been getting to me lately. nate says soem shit that no real person would ever say.

i did like when claire came into dinner high. great scene.

Would a neti pot work any better at keeping your sinuses clean than just buying a bottle of saline spray at the drug store for about a buck?

Did Clare give David the picture before or after he told her of his ordeal?

Yup. He told her about the ordeal and how he forgot to pray, she says that God saved him anyhow, then hands him a picture of himself pretty much engulfed in flames.

Clare took the picture at the bonfire they had after their yard sale, right?
I saw it as David walking away from the flames, metaphorically having survived his “trial by fire.” How very fitting.

Right. The picture showed him standing looking at the fire with a firm but calm expression. I took it as symbolic of his strength, and not as something that would remind him of his ordeal with “Jake.”

I thought the same thing. There was something just…not right…about the editing or the lighting or something. The scene didn’t seem to fit, like it was from out of left field. I would like to see them back together. I like Disfunctional Brenda[sup]TM[/sup] a lot more than Happy Homemaker Brenda[sup]TM[/sup]. Collect them all!

I also loved the scene with Nate and David at the end. I actually teared up, which is very unlike me. It a subtle, yet beautifully touching moment.