Slang names for dice and dominoes

What are slang names for dice and dominoes, besides ivories and bones?
Are there slang names for polyominoes, dominoes of orders higher than six (Double nine, double twelve, etc.), and multi-facted dice? Please let me know-Thank you

JGoldman10@email.com

Seriously, Does any one have any input? Am I in the right forum?

This is more an IMHO than a GQ really.

Anyway. Dice are ‘Cubes’ regardless of the number of faces, at least among a portion of gamers.

Okay, what about dominoes?

So dice can be multifacted polygons, and they’re called “cubes”, even they have more than six sides.
Man, don’t you just love a paradox?
Are there any dice that are pyramids? Or any games that incorporate or incorporate the use of pyramids?
Are there any other names for dominoes? One other name I can think of is “African dice”?

Shut up and roll the bones… :wink:

Slang name for dominos = crap pizza

NO HAmpshire, I’m referring to the “tiles”, which is another name for dominoes, not the pizza> DO you know know any other names for dominoes?

No Hampshire, I’m referring to the “tiles,” which is another name for dominoes, not the pizza. Do you know any other names for dominoes? :slight_smile:

Are there any dice that are pyramidal?

Four-sided dice

I think I still have a couple of these kicking around from my AD&D days…

[QUOTE=JGoldman10]
What are slang names for dice and dominoes, besides ivories and bones?
Are there slang names for polyominoes, dominoes of orders higher than six (Double nine, double twelve, etc.), and multi-facted dice? Please let me know-Thank you

JGoldman10@email.com[/QUO

Dice=Galloping Dominoes

Dice are called “knucklebones”, because that’s what they were originally made from. Those bones, in many animals, are naturally prismoidal, and they are almost universally used in games of chance. I suspect “bones” is reduced from “knucklebones”.
You know about “snake eyes” (two ones) and “boxcars” (two sixes) – the reasons for them are obvious. When researching my book, I learned that “snake eyes” is called “Kali” in India. Kali is known for her wide-eyed stare.

That reminds me, the d4 (I guess that’s another bit of jargon - referring to dice as d<number of sides>) is AKA the Caltrop. For obvious reasons. And good reasons, as anyone who has dropped their d4 on the floor can tell you. (Owowow.)

Standard RPG dice are d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, and d20.

I’ve seen a d100. It looked like a big golf ball. Completely useless, of course, but an amusing tabletop item of conversation.

Okay, I thank you all for for your input thus far. :smiley:
What are some other slang terms for dominoes?

Oh yeah? Wait till I pull out my d100 Longsword of Implausibility. :stuck_out_tongue:

Your generally available dice are your d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, and d20. I’ve used all those. I used to use either a d20 or 2 d6s for life (and others) counting in Magic.

I repeat-what are other names for dominoes?

Are you being held at gunpoint
by a gentleman in a ski mask who
is threatening to shoot you if you
fail to come up with other names
for dice and dominoes?

That’s what I’m hearing.

/aside

Isn’t there a craps term for
two twos?

Other than “hard two”? I don’t think so, as I believe the term “little Joe” is only used for a 3 and a 1.