Slightly creepy toddler T-shirt? Or not so much?

That’s what I don’t like so much about it. I don’t find it particularly funny.

Some of these shirts are cute though…a friend gave my baby the “party in my crib, 2 a.m.” one, which I think is funny. Or, it would be, if I didn’t have to gt a guest at the party EVERY night! :slight_smile:

I’ve always regretted that my kids were too old by the time I saw the baby T-shirt that said “Raised by Wolves.”

Target just had a “Tax Deduction” onesie. I thought that was great, I almost bought two (friend is having twins). So yeah, it would have definately been just for the adults to giggle over at the shower. But alot of the baby presents were for adults giggles anyhow, its not like baby knows they’re wearing a White Sox shirt.

So maybe the Big Butt T-shirt was a gag-gift that got some wear? Mom’s just running errands, its not like baby is off to a family picnic or something.

Sounds like my family. Our kid is the first grandkid on either side of the family, so we haven’t had to buy a single piece of clothing for him yet; he’s got almost more gift clothes than he can wear. Some are cute kid things, and some are jokes for the adults: “Am I really related to these people?” “Don’t wake me, I’ll wake you.” and so on.

And one more vote for amusing and not creepy.

I think it’s funny and cute. I have a much bigger problem (complaint?) with my outdoorsy bro in law and sis in law. (educated rednecks if you will)
They dress the kid (less than a year old) in camo clothing, which is OK.
They take ‘funny’ photos of him (i.e. setting an empty beer can next to him while he’s asleep)
I’ve seen a picture of him being weighed with a fish scale.
and measured on a fish ruler
I just don’t think it’s funny.

I don’t really see what’s wrong with that, Enright3. It may not be funny, but I don’t see why it’s disturbing. It’s not like he’s actually prey…er…whatever it is they call it when you catch fish.

If you think the “big butt” shirt was bad, then don’t click here (NSFW). Last month, we were at Babies R Us one day and some of the clerks were giggling and pointing at our daughter and I had forgotten that my husband put this shirt on her that morning. One clerk was calling others over to see it.

There are others on that site that say REALLY rude and disgusting things. So, click at your own risk.

We also have a onsie with Stewie from Family Guy, which says “Why don’t you make yourself useful and wipe my butt”.

I had that one. I was a tax preparer for a CPA firm at the time, so it was doubly appropriate. :smiley:

That’s my viewpoint as well. Grown-up humor for toddlers is fairly popular these days, and it’s fine, but it isn’t to my taste.

I saw a teen girl in a tight shirt which said “My eyes are up here” with an arrow recently. That one made me want to roll my eyes. I’m fine with the sentiment, but if you are mostly skinny but well-endowed and wearing a tight shirt, you are sending the message that you want your chest looked at. And wearing a shirt with words across the chest is not helping.

Blegh. To me, the message of the shirt is “Women are always worried about their bodies! Teehee!” Not funny at all to me. It’s like mothers who are worried that their babies are too fat. Babies are supposed to be chubby! Babies need fat for brain development.

I think the shirt mentioned in the OP is funny. Then again, I gave my technician’s baby a shirt that says Mommy drinks because I cry.

To be honest, I think it’s tacky and a bit “white trashy.” But that is just MHO.

I love T-Shirt Hell! I bought the “I Can Kick Your Baby’s Ass” shirt for a coworker’s son, and she really liked it. Later on I bought the “Hung Like a Five-Year-Old” for the kid, but ended up not getting the chance to give it to her (I had changed jobs by that time, and when I called to see if she was working so that I could deliver the shirt to her, I discovered that she had moved on as well).

Well, duh. This is Cumberland, MD! :stuck_out_tongue:

We had a variation of the crib one that was even slightly worse: “Party in my crib - you bring the bottle!” I thought it was indeed trashy and in poor taste and also funny as hell. Never thought it was creepy, though.

And, of course, “Got Breastmilk?”

They’re funny precisely because they’re something no baby would say. When you take a character and have him say things he c/wouldn’t, it’s comedy. See: rapping grannies, talking dogs and lolcats.

That’s how I took it. Plus, baby butts are supposed to be big!

So, how did her butt look?
Oh, stop it. You knew it was only a matter of time.

Heh, the nerd in me made me buy this one for my little fellow (previously posted, but appropriate here):

I appreciate **norinew’s ** sensitivity to the possibility that bad people could read something bad into an innocently whimsical baby’s t-shirt. I don’t know whether to think it’s sad that we live in a time that makes us think that way, or grateful that we no longer live in ignorance of the evil around us.

Maybe I’m over-thinking this.

I don’t get it. What does the T-shirt mean?

Depends.