Small Burn Spots On Carpet.....

…from last Christmas some of the “Räuchermänner” (little wooden figures that look like they are smoking a pipe) lost their ashes onto my carpet and made some tiny burn spots. I plan to have the carpet cleaned very soon anyway. Can the cleaners remove these spots without it being too expensive?

Thanks

Quasi

If the burn doesn’t extend down to the backing, you might want to consider trimming the burn marks away with a razor blade. If you don’t cut it too short, it will be invisible.

I don’t think the cleaners will be able to remove them. After all, no chemical treatment “cures” burned threads. I’d say your best bet is to trim them.

I was wondering if maybe some cleaners could do a “re-weave”.

Q

I’ve lived in enough apartments to know that if it’s burned to the backing, you’ll have to patch it.

I’ll take a look at those spots again in the am. (At work right now) They aren’t pin-holes, but not as big as cigarrette holes either.

Thanks

Q

I’ll take a look at those spots again in the am. (At work right now) They aren’t pin-holes, but not as big as cigarrette holes either.

Thanks

Q

I had a big burn hole from a cigarette right in the middle of my carpet. When i got the carpets cleaned the guy just snipped a little peice out from under the register… cut out the old spot and glued the little chunk down. It looked just like new… I seriously had a lot of trouble finding it to show the SO when she got home… The pro’s have all kinds of little tricks like that.

If they’re not too deep and are, indeed, tiny spots, get some fingernail scissors (the kind used for babies) or some cuticle scissors and trim out the burned fibers.

Use a magnifying glass.

BTDT, same reason. Some people will offer to plug it, as above, some CAN reweave, but you do NOT want to pay for that. (Quote for three spots the size of the O in One Cent on the back of a penny…$137.50 for the two close together, another $75 for the one 4 inches away.) Tiny scissors and a magnifier…trust me.