Small plane wreck on the 101 n

[del]Does “The 101” go through “The OC”? [/del]

NM–90210

I taxied past the Condor Squadron three days ago at Van Nuys. This is the fourth time I have seen an airplane shortly before it was destroyed.

“If thine eye offend thee, pluck it out!”

They may also have something to fight a gasoline far other than water.

I’ll wave next time I’m there.

I saw an interview with the pilot last night that true to form, I can’t find again. He certainly didn’t fit my image of a guy that just dead-sticked a Texan into a Jersey barrier. Maybe a light mid-afternoon snack at the club. Certainly not a grizzled veteran warbird pilot in stained coveralls.

From watching the video of the landing, it looked like he was properly configured and on a stable approached, but bounced the hell out of the landing and veered left. I mean, congrats on walking away safely and causing no injuries on the ground, but I still can’t give him full marks. Says the armchair pilot.

Eh. It’s the thought that counts.

I read an article yesterday that said there was a car in the way and he had to kick it to the K-rail or else hit it. It sounded like he’d prefer to hit the concrete than an occupied vehicle.

This is true.
You guys flew some Czechoslovak-built BF-109s in 1947, didn’t you?

I agree with the theory, but that’s not what I saw in the video. Looked more like he landed hard, bounced, and lost control. I don’t see another car.

Driving in to work today, the wreck is gone, but they still have one lane shut down. It looks like they are fixing the k-rail.

Yep.

With Israeli markings, of course.