So, I'm taking the National Certification Exam for Massage Therapy this evening

Or maybe it’s late afternoon official start time is 5:30 but we’re supposed to be there by five because there’s processing stuff we have to do first and omigod do I have all my identification and I’ve been studying my ass off for two months so why am I scared and should I take a pencil because the test in done on a computer and I hope I have the address right I’d hate to show up and the place isn’t even there maybe I should call for directions I think I’ll do that, yeah.

Good Luck! You’ll do fine. Just relax and try not to worry too much.

When you pass, I get first dibs on free massages.

So is there a practical exam as well? Because…well…who wants a MT who knows what they’re doing, on paper?

Now, just as a favor for a fellow doper, I will avail my services as a subject for any practical exams you may have. Hell, if you just need a practice dummy I’m there.

Not really.
But good luck. And beware the ghosts!

You sound tense - maybe you need a massage…

Good luck!

It’s nearly 5:30 - do you know where your iliopsoas is?

Seriously, good luck, work your piriformis off and you’ll do great! (I’ll be taking it soon, so any pointers you want to leave after the test would be most welcome!) :wink:

Study your Oriental Medicine, heavy on the five elements.

Also, study stuff you never heard of and that they never told you even exists in class. You will need to know it.

Aside from that, if you have a good working knowledge of the material you learned in school, and got good grades on your exams, you should do fine.

Inigo Montoya, no practical, but I had practical final exams in my classes, and did quite well on them. Also, one of my instructors has promised me a room when he gets his new spa built (should be opening in January), and if he thinks I’m good enough to work in his spa, well, I guess I’m good.

Anyhoo, I don’t get my official score until next week, but [happy dance] I passed! I passed! I passed! I passed!..

I can say from personal experience that her practical knowledge is quite good. One of the reasons I am looking forward to my next trip to Vegas is another chance to have her hands on my back.