So, who wants to help me pick a new haircut?

So, I’ve decided that I need to get a new haircut, and I haven’t the slightest on what to do…

I haven’t had a significant haircut in a couple/few years, and I don’t really know how to go about finding something that will look anywhere near good.

So I turn to you, the Teeming Millions, devout followers of the great master of all knowledge, to plead your assistance.

Since having an image would help, here’s two:
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq91/eldowan/hair_back.jpg
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq91/eldowan/hair_down.jpg

Thank you all for any help, and I’m pretty much open to any suggestion that I’m not. I knew you’d understand.

It might be a dramatic change, but maybe a short hair cut on the sides with slightly longer bangs in the front thats gelled up slightly or a crew cut? It really depends on what you want. Did you want a ‘professional’ looking haircut, or something a little more modern?

You have very nice long hair and though I’m loathe to tell you to cut it rather than get a trim of an inch or so, you seem decided. May I suggest that you look into this organization? I have donated to them and also a male friend of mine did as well, sending a 15 inch braid to them when his toddler daughter started trying to hang from it.
As far as hairstyles go, I think that a blunt cut to above your ears and somewhat shorter in front would look very nice. But I think you’ll find you want to do away with most of your facial hair then. Good luck and be prepared for a dramatic change when you look in the mirror!

I found this and i thought it would look cool. Its kind of hard to pick out a hairstyle without actually seeing someone in person. Oh well, good luck finding on that suits you!:slight_smile:

I like long hair and it looks good on you - would you consider getting some layers to bring out the natural curl and just trim up a few inches?

Thank you both very much for the compliment. I like my hair long, but am looking for a change. I’ve been planning on donating to locks of love, or another orginazation. Possibly wigsforkids. My fiencee and I both are going to chop our hair off and donate.
This is actually the entire reason for the cut. :smiley:

I don’t require ‘professional’ as my employer doesn’t care about my cut. Hell, on the ID form, they have a checkbox for green hair. :cool:
I don’t understand your description, or rather I can’t visualise it anyway.

Thanks for the sugestion, I’ll be sure to take a closer look at it later.

I guess this would be good information.

I loathe using hair products, and if there is any way to get around it, I will use none at all.

I traditionally like either no part or a center part, but can change my mind on occasion.
Thanks for the helpful replys so far, and to the winner (if there is one) I will sing praises in the street in your honour.