Some people will vote for anything as long as it calls itself Republican

Proof of this comes from North Carolina. Prepare to have your socks knocked off; I predict he won’t last very long in Congress.

Well, it’ll be at least ten years before the Republicans can run him as President.

Per Wikipedia, Cawthorn dropped out of college after attending one semester (and getting mostly Ds). Meanwhile, his opponent in the congressional race is (was?) “an American retired U.S. Air Force colonel, attorney, educator, politician, and former administrative law judge.”

And Cawthorn visited Hitler’s bunker in Germany on vacation, saying it was on his “bucket list.”

We know:

:slight_smile:

She lost, BTW.

I stopped watching this You Tuber quite a while back, but sure enough, he had something to say about it.

He was also accused of a number of sex crimes. And he called a reporter a “traitor to his race” because he was investigating Cawthorn and therefore was working “for non-white males, like Cory Booker, who aims to ruin white males running for office.”

But the positive side of his character is illustrated by the fact that he wasn’t the driver in the drunk driving accident during spring break that put him in a wheelchair. Although he did file a thirty million dollar lawsuit for his injuries.

The article I found said he was a passenger when his friend, the driver, fell asleep at the wheel. So perhaps not a drunk driving accident. In any case, the insurance company offered him three million (the policy limit) but he chose to sue for thirty million and lost. (Which I think means he didn’t even get the three million.)

(I think my policy limit is only a million but now I’m wondering if I should raise that.)

Upon winning, he tweeted “Cry more, lib”

I foresee a resplendent future for him in the Republican Party as we currently understand it.

His fiancé has a very impressive musculature. I suppose she’s in training to keep her name from being dragged through the mud.

That’s really nice that some random guy had something to say about it. Can you tell us what he had to say? One shouldn’t have to watch a video to find out. Posting a link to a video is not a very compelling contribution. It’s on you to use your words, not somebody else’s pictures.

Cawthorn has been brought up in several recent threads:

I was pretty sure he was going to win, but it’s still appalling. The only silver lining I can find is that he’s the best possible candidate for finally turning this district blue in 2022. At the risk of prophecying, I’m not convinced he’s the sort of fine, upstanding fellow who’s going to resist temptation once he gets to Washington. I’ll put even odds on his being under federal investigation or indictment by September 2022.

Personally, I hope the accident made him irreparably impotent, mainly because it would make it nearly impossible for him to reproduce.

Maybe he’s actually her beard.

I still can’t get over that name. He’s a cartoon villain.

Oh God, I remember that insufferable windbag. Have now idea how I stumbled upon him but he was some alt-right commentator who kept popping up in suggested videos.