Somebody's Recycling SDMB Posts!

So I just read this story on Overheard in the Office :

Fat lady: I want your 21-piece bucket of chicken.
Rude employee: Is that for here, or to go?
Fat lady: You think I can eat this whole thing by myself?
Rude employee: I don’t know your life. Bitch!

So I said to myself, “Hey, Caricci, that story sounds familiar.” Well, I just looked for the damn thread it came from and can’t find it, but I know I first heard this story, told in a more amusingly snappy manner right here on the SDMB! I believe “Rude employee” was known as “Brave Little Counterman” or something.

Actually, I often think “Bitch, I don’t know your life” when dealing with the public.

So, come on, help a Doper out and tell me I’m right.

I definately recall that from the SDMB. I too sometimes think “Bitch, I don’t know your life!” Of course, I work in a public library, so it comes up often.

It sounds familiar to me, too! Of course told with more wit, as we Dopers do.

So now I’m wondering how that story ended up on overheard. Did someone read it here? Did the original teller re-tell it there and if so why not tell it as good? Or is it actually a little-known urban legend? I’m so confused!

We could search the SDMB on “bitch.” That’d get at least a couple hits. :stuck_out_tongue:

I heard comedian George Wallace tell this joke years before the SDMB existed, and I’m not the only one.

Hell - one of my posts has turned into an email forward. The bikini waxing. And people all over the internet post it on their webpages. I am proud. Why do you think I bring it up every chance I get?
:slight_smile:

I have to say, I’m a little saddened to hear that. I like to believe that all Dopers tell true funny stories.

Rez - I’m too lazy to search right now - was that your waxing story where your private bits got stuck together and you called your friend and she laughed?

If so, that was one of the BEST posts I’ve ever read here and I was one of the ones who forwarded a link to it to all my best girlfriends :smiley:

Yep. I got it in an email from my mother about a month before you recently linked to it in another thread. Funny stuff!

It was probably Wally.

Bring what up?

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. I used to work with this guy a long time ago that I pretty much hated. He was a snobbish, wanna-be intellectual who thought his opinions were always correct. Anyway, one time he comes into work and tells me this story about how last night he went to KFC or whatever, and OP’s dialogue ensues. But he’s telling it to me in the first person, like it just happened to him.

So are you telling me that this jackass ripped this joke off? I had never heard it before, and I had to admit to him that I thought it was pretty funny. And now, when I have no desire or ability to contact him, I find out that he scammed the only funny thing he ever said. Nice.

If I were George Costanza, I’d probably hunt him down somehow and get him to tell that same joke in front of a large group of people so I could play the tape of whoever originated it right afterwards.

If you wish to read the oft-forwarded bikini waxing post Rez mentions, it’s the opening message in this thread.

I’m starting to think there was never a horrifying blimp.