Someone is analyzing and rating your posts!!

I was using google to find out if there were any past SDMB threads on the phrase “do the needful” that keeps showing up in my emails. (There are, by the way).

I came across this website, where an SDMB thread is analyzed and posters are given 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for being active and engaging:

Whaaaat??? I just find this weird. But, uhm, congrats for winning an award I guess.

Maybe I should have said someTHING is analyzing your posts because on closer look it seems to be pretty automated…

It’s some kind of spammy search engine.

Apparently it’s some kind of search engine.

EDIT: Ninjaed!

Is there any possibility that it might be some type of search engine?

Well that is not nearly as interesting as I was picturing.

But, I’m pretty sure I will be awarded first place for this thread because I have the most posts. :smiley:

Woo! First place in the OP’s example thread! :smiley: clasps hands above head and shakes them around, like a prizefighter

Congrats to LawMonkey! Vinyl Turnip must have been off his game; I would have expected a higher rating for his entries.

You don’t understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let’s face it. It was you, LawMonkey.

Be it noted: LawMonkey’s new monicker will be Cholly :smiley:

They also rated top contributors to another Dope thread, “Man tricks woman into taking pills to abort fetus. What should he be charged with?”.

The winner was kanicbird, which should tell you something. :slight_smile:

So WILL our Hate Mail be Graded?

It’s kind of funny in it’s own special way.

Analysis for Stupid Republican Idea of the Day:

I like how they know our sentiments!

But it’s more fun to look on the right side of the page, where the bot lists “related threads”.
It tells us about a threadtitled “Bill Riley, fuckwit, just doing his job”

And informs us that “the sentiment of the discussion is negative”.

(But it doesn’t tell us whether the thread was in GD or in the Pit. Perhaps we should notify the mods? :slight_smile: )