song at end of Ferris Bueller

AT the end of FBDO, there is a song that goes “Oooooh, yeahhhhhh”. Whats the title and who does it- and what CD is it available one- besides the Soundtrack?
:confused:

It’s called, oddly enough, “Oh Yeah” by a group called Yello.

In addition to the soundtrack, it’s on their album called One Second

I’ve heard some of their otehr tunes, but for the life of me I can’t remember any of them at this point.

The song is called “Oh Yeah”, by a group called Yello. Not sure what else it is on, but the above info should help you find it :wink:

I wondered about this too.

Let’s not forget “Oh yeah” is also Duff-man’s theme on the Simpsons.

Chekka-Chekka!

I was a HUGE Yello fan in the early eighties. Was way over that song by the time it turned up in FB. It’s a hard life, staying ahead of the curve like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

I love all there stuff. If you like Yello, you’ll like Blancmange. Sigh. My musical heydey.

It was also featured in *The Secret of My Success{/i] and probably some other movies that aren’t coming to mind right now.

Funny, this same question occurred to me last night as I watched FBDO on Turner Classic.

Didn’t they use the same song in “The Secret Of My Success?” Hmmm, maybe a few others as well, I’ll have to think about it.

Not necessarily! :slight_smile:

Best album to get as an intro to them is probably The New Mix in One Go, which collects their best stuff off the early albums, including Oh, Yeah
Other top albums are You Gotta Say Yes…to Another Excess and Stella.

Sorry to be OT, but I loved Blancmange. VH1 Classic played “Living on the Ceiling” last night on The Alternative. That’s one of those videos I thought I’d never see again. :slight_smile:

Interesting. I had always assumed it was WAR; but wasn’t interested enough to verify.

Domingo, La Habanera, Night Train, More, Rubberbandman, Si Senor and the Hairy Grill…

Also big Yello fan checking in, ladies and gentlemen! Rubberbandman in particular is a fuckin’ awesome song.

Thanks to all that answered, and especially to jk1245 for the link.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I’ll add The Race to the list of cool Yello tracks.

According to the IMDb: Not Another Teen Movie and She’s Out of Control.

Wasn’t it this song, or one in a similar vein, that they used in a Heinz ketchup ad oh, about 15-20 years ago? Or am I thinking of something else?

No, that was “Anticipation” by Carly Simon :wink:
Count me in as a big Yello fan. They’re still putting out albums one every few years. Though they’re hard to find in the states. It’s basically Dieter Meier who composes everything with Boris Blank on vocals.
I treasure the “Hands on Yello” disc which has various Yello songs remixed by the likes of Westbam, Jam&Spoon, Carl Cox, Carl Craig, Orb, Moby.
The last album of theirs I have is Motion Picture.
Has anybody heard “The Eye”? Is it good???

It’s Oh Yeah by Yello. Did someone already say that? :wink:
I like the Spinners Rubberband Man

I have it, and yes, it’s very good. Planet Dada, the album’s premiere track, is so full of weirdness and Dieter Meier’s fuckin’ awesome voice, it’ll make you plotz.

If you don’t want to buy a whole cd, I purchased ‘Oh, Yeah’ (by Yello!) off of iTunes some time ago.