Song ID

All right, so I love my local college station, Radio K. They play some great stuff. The only problem is that sometimes I don’t catch the name or band of a particular song, which sucks because I often want to check out more from some of the bands they play on there. I usually try to memorize the lyrics to the chorus to search from there, but that doesn’t always work.

Anyway, there’s two that I need help with:

1. This one should be easy, because I know what band it is. It’s Broken Social Scene, but I don’t know what song it is. I think the chorus went something like “God bless indian summers”, but that didn’t turn up anything for me on Google.
    I’m probably wrong on the lyrics, but can anyone figure this one out?

2. This one is harder. I don’t know the name of the band or the song. It sounded sort of post-punkish, with a female singing. The only lyrics I can remember from it is the phrase “a million miles away”, which there’s no way I can narrow down enough to find.

Can anyone help me with this?

Can’t help you with the first one, but the song “A Million Miles Away” has been recorded a number of times. The first one I ever heard was by The Plimsouls, back in the early '80s. Haven’t heard a cover with a female vocalist, though. I did a quick search on CDNOW, and didn’t see any obvious female leads, but good luck!

Thanks, Earl.
That’s actually what I’d found too, but I didnt’ think it was a cover. Maybe I should check out the Plimsoul song anyway though.

There’s a recent version of “One Million Miles Away” recorded by J Ralph that has a female vocalist. It got used in a Volkswagen commercial last year. That may be the one you are looking for.

No idea on the other…