song in my head... song in my head...

I have a jingle from a Checkers commercial stuck in my head, and it’s been there for about 3 days now. “You gotta eat, what are you doing…” ARRGH! Make it stop!

I’v got two songs that keep popping into my head at alternate times, Independant woman - Destiny’s child and Ms Jackson - Outkast. Now as if that wasent bad enough I now have its a small world after all joining in. Pass me the gun please velvetjones sigh

im very suggestive when it comes to this. one of my all-timers is ‘ace of spades.’ cant listen to the damn record anymore. BUT, almost anyone can get me with the right song. DAMN YOU, doomraisin! (insert just-kiddin-face emoticon here)

"heeey, whats the matter if it feels right

OH, it feels right, baby…’

im, as it were, doomed for the rest of the weekend, as redbone has officially invaded my brain.

Lately, it’s been “Danger (been so long)” by Mystical.

Oops. I mean Mystikal. Love that chorus.

Pachabel’s Canon is perpetually in my head, which is no means a bad thing, but it gets mixed up with various rappers along the way, especially Eminem creating a whacked out mix.

I don’t know the name. I don’t know the artist. I don’t know most of the words. I just know that part of it goes “Life is waiting for you, it’s all messed up but we’re alive, life is waiting for you, it’s all messed up but we’ll survive” or something like that…

Every once in a while that’ll get mixed in with the chorus to “Wither” by Unified Theory.

And then, every so often, the Doobie Brothers pop up and sing “Blackwater” at me.

That’s not as bad as some days. At least I don’t have the Blue’s Clues song stuck in my head anymore.

o black water, keep on rollin
mississippi moon, wontcha keep on shinin on me…
yeah keep on shinin yer light, gonna make everything,
pretty mama gonna make everything alright
and i aint got no worries
cuz i aint in no hurry
at all…

bow to the insidious power of the doobie brothers. in a bit of 70s surrealism, i once watched them perform ‘listen to the music’ on the mike douglas show (mike makes your day) with my great grandmother, who wouldnt shut up about their long hair and their drug addictions and the fact that they were all goin to hell.

I’m convinced there is something evil about Ms. Jackson. I was at work and a co-worker walked by singing real low’

[sub]I’m sorry Ms. Jackson [/sub]

and me and 2 other people joined in with the [sup] WOOOOO [/sup] completely unrehearsed. It was so funny. But I guess you had to be there.

Oh great, now I’ve got Dido still humming along but now I hear on occasional [sup] WOOOOO [/sup] with it.

Just hijacking briefly to say WOOOOO! I feel like I’m one of about 3 or 4 people in the US who’s heard of them, and they’re just about my favorite band. Did you ever get a chance to see 'em play live?

Look, just hum the intro music from Masterpiece Theatre:

Bah-da-dum-dum-dum-dum-dadadadadadadada-DUM-dadaDUM-DUM-DUM-da-DUM-dadadum-DUM-dum-dum-dum-dadadadadadadadadada-dum-dum.

Or maybe Alfred Hitchcock:

Da-DUM! da-dadada-dum-de-dum! Da-DUM! da-dadada-dum-dah-dum! Da-dee-da-dum da-DEE-da-dum dee-dumpety-dumpety-dumpety-dee da-DUM!

If worse comes to worst, the Ode to Joy.

You know what is the most wonderful thing about hitting your head repeatedly against a solid object?

…It feels SO GOOD when you stop.
[sub](I said that… ME!!!)[/sub]

I have the song “Open Your Eyes” by Guano Apes stuck in my head. It hasn’t been played on the radio in months and I haven’t listened to the CD I burned it onto in a while, and now it won’t leave my head!

For the past month and a half, I’ve had “The Telephone Hour” from Bye Bye Birdie running through my head. I can’t control it. If I stop thinking about something else for a second, there it comes again. . .“Hi Nancy! Hi Helen! What’s the story, morning? What’s the tale, nightingail? Tell me quick about Hugo and Kim!”

I think I must have angered God or the fates or something.

We were watching movies on TNT over the weekend. TNT keeps showing this ad for a collection of Christian pop songs. Now, I don’t have a problem with “music with a message” as long as it’s good music. But these were particularly bad, insipid, each one is identical to the one before it Christian pop songs. Guess what’s stuck in my head now?

My LIFE is in YOU Lord
My STRENGTH is in YOU Lord
Ad nauseum, but it’s got a good beat and you can gag to it.

The only reason I can see for TNT to be airing this commercial is that they’re trying to attone for their endless showings of “Roadhouse.”

Lately I have been plagued by that car commercial that goes ZOOM, ZOOM ,ZOOM! zoom, zoom, zoom, zoom,zoom. It goes through my head over and over. The least little thing will set it running through my head. My husband, who has a slightly sadistic streak, delights in starting it going.