Songs that crack you up.

I’m listening to “Pink Triangle” by Weezer.

“I’m dumb, she’s a lesbian.” “Everyone’s a little queer, why can’t she be a little straight?”

It makes me laugh.

Other songs that never fail to amuse me are the Potato song by Cheryl Wheeler and Video Killed the Radio Star.

What songs make you laugh?

“What if God Smoked Cannabis” by Wierd Al (and pretty well most songs by Al).

“Carrot Juice is Murder” by The Arrogant Worms.

“Fuck ya” by McLean and McLean.

“I’m a Gay Eskimo” by Corky and the Juice Pigs.

I have a ton of them here feeling that not everything I listen to has to be serious.

“Asshole” - Denis Leary

“The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins” - supposedly by Leonard Nimoy (got it off a random Mp3 site)

The Starcraft version of “The Twelve Days Of Christmas” ("… four hydralisks, three marines, two Terran wraiths, and a brand new SCV…")

ANYTHING by Leary. “I smell bacon. Elivs is in the kitchen!”

But the killer of all time has to be “A boy named Sue” by the Man in Black. Which happens to be today’s mailbag item, incidently.

“Three Legged Man” by Ray Stevens has to be one of the funniest I ever heard. Cracks me up every time,

No, no, no! Not by Al! And if it was, he must have a very flexible voice… :slight_smile:

“Safety Dance” - By Men Without Hats
“Now Youre a Man” - By DVDA (Double Vaginal Double Anal)

“Gump”, by Weird Al. I crack up just thinking about the song.

(“His best friend Bubba is a shrimp loving man, His friend with no legs he called Lieutenant Dan . . .”)

And let me reiterate that “What if God smoked Cannabus” is not by Weird Al though there is an MP3 floating around with Weird Al’s name in the file name. There are many parodies like that, I think that this is done so that they are downloaded more.

“Cocktails for Two” by Spike Jones and his City Slickers
“Dr. Jazz” by the Bonzo Dog Band
“The Intro and the Outro” – Bonzo Dog Band (and nearly all the rest of their work).
“Mabel” – Procul Harum
“Mother’s Lament” – Cream
“Dueling Tubas” – Martin Mull
“Normal” – Martin Mull
“Shuffle Off to Buffalo” – Harry Warren
"Always True to You Darling (in My Fashion) – Cole Porter
“I Wanna be a Lifeguard” – Blotto
“We Are the Nowtones” – Blotto
“You Know My Name, Look Up the Number” – Beatles
“On the Cover of the Rolling Stone” – Dr. Hook/Shel Silverstein
"Roland the Roadie and Gertrude the Groupie – Dr. Hook/Shel Silverstein
“Dead Skunk” – Loudon Wainwright III
“Guys Are Not Proud” – the Anemic Boyfriend

[ul]
[li]“Deteriorata” – National Lampoon Radio Hour[/li][li]The entire Snuff Rock EP by Alberto y Los Trios Paranoias[/li][li]“Dodge Veg-o-matic” – Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers[/li][li]“Give it Back to the Indians” – Ella Fitzgerald (Rodgers and Hart)[/li][li]“Rhythm Section Want Ad” – They Might Be Giants[/li][li]“40 Foot Stretch” – The Coolies[/li][li]“I’ll Change My Style” – Jimmy Reed[/li][/ul]

The Jimmy Reed item probably requires a little explanation. It’s not that the song itself is funny. It’s a ballad-like slow bluesy song, but in the recording of it I’m familiar with, the drummer lags behind the beat by varying degrees most of the song. Finally, there’s a gap where you feel like something’s missing, and then this cymbal crash comes in out of nowhere, with no relationship to anything. For some reason, I’ve always found it incredibly funny.

Nearly anything by the Arrogant Worms (thank you for reminding me, Feynn)

“The Mounted Animal Nature Trail”
“I Want to Sing Like Celine Dion” (performed live - it’s a hoot!)
“Jesus’s Brother Bob”

and my favorite - “The Mountie Song”

(Damn, I wish they’d do a show here again!)

“Albuquerque” by Weird Al

I need some help with my nomination, I think it is called “Boys in the Hood” but I don’t know who sings it. It sounds like folk-rap to me. Hilarious. “Don’t quote my boy I ain’t said shit”

the cover of ‘Boyz N the Hood’ that you mentioned is by the Dynamite Hacks. though i do not know the name of the album it is on.

Hmmmmm…

First off, Cisco? I love that DVDA song. :slight_smile:

Now then. My picks…

“If You Want Space,” Christine Lavin
“Regretting What I Said,” Christine Lavin
“Shopping Cart of Love,” Christine Lavin
“My Baby Loves a Bunch of Authors,” Moxy Fruvous
“King of Spain,” Moxy Fruvous
Damn near anything by TMBG…

“The Girl with the Far-Away Eyes” - The Rolling Stones.

“Everything You Know is Wrong” - Weird Al.

“You Don’t Have to Call Me Darling, Darling” - David Allen Coe

“Piss Up A Rope” - Ween

“Stay Up Late” - Talking Heads

“I Remember It Well” - Maurice Chevalier

“I Wish I Were Queer So I Could Get Chicks” - Bloodhound Gang

“Freaks of the Industry” - Digital Underground

Some of these may not be standard “My god, that’s hysterical” songs, but they break me up every time.

“Jerk,” Kim Stockwood

“Homo Christmas,” Pansy Division

“Rock and Roll Queer Bar,” Pansy Division (Done to the tune of The Ramones’ “Rock and Roll High School,” contains the classic lyric, “I just wanna get some kicks, I just wanna get some dicks.”)

“I Dream of Jesus,” the Dead Milkmen. This one is a classic by any standards, about a guy whose mother discovers Jesus in a Jeannie-style bottle in a dumpster behind a 7-11. The chorus:

“Mommy she loved Jesus, but not like others did,
for she had a special bottle in which our Savior lived;
Mommy she loved Jesus, but not like others did,
for she could unleash his vengeance by unfastening the lid.”

Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer.

And the entire South Park Movie soundtrack (well, the songs on the album that are actually from the movie. The remixes of those songs done by real performers genuinely suck).

Teen Angel - Mark Dinning is so sad it’s hilarious check out this for a line

It starts out with

That fateful night, the car stalled
Upon the railroad track

and concludes several verses later with

I’ll never kiss your lips again
They buried you today.
I’ve always loved,

I want to be evil - Eartha Kitt.

Stairway to Heaven - Rolf Harris, he had never heard the song before and was asked to do a Rolfy version of it, all they gave him was the sheet music.

There is a version of ‘There’s a hole in my bucket’ I’ve heard which is delicious in its depiction of a relationship between an over anxious stress driven wife and her laid back husband, I wish I could remember who it was by.
I did a search and got some rather odd sites,like this
http://www.freetime-club.co.uk/content.htm
have fun.

There’s a parody of “Ice Ice Baby” called “Rice Rice Baby” about chinese food. I love it. It should be on Napster somewhere.