Songs that should only be played at certain times of the day

Reveille: only in the early AM
Taps: only at night.

No one thought of that yet? :smiley:

Roadhouse Blues: Nighttime driving, headed for Vegas.

Not quite the time of day, but similar: I fucking can’t stand it when the local oldies station plays songs like “Margaritaville” and other Jimmy Buffett songs and “In The Summertime” by Mungo Jerry and any of the surfing or beach-related Beach Boys songs when it’s a goddamn miserable, cold, sleeting, overcast, disgusting winter day. It’s like a cruel joke and I want to rip the radio out of the dashboard when it happens!

Hip hop should never, ever be played at 6:30 in the morning. Especially when my grumpy old ass is around. Up yours co-workers. :mad::rolleyes:

Another by association - Kool and the Gang “Too Hot”. It was always without fail on the radio when I got up in the morning for high school, really really early. It’s the perfect song for that bleary time, soothing and mellow.

The following song should only be played at 5PM on Friday (and every Friday), and only on KFOG (in the SF Bay Area). Anyone who lives here won’t need the spoiler!

Smoke Two Joints

I’ve actually thought the same thing. Even when it’s summer in the daytime the music evokes images of darkness and cold.

“I Got You Babe” by Sonny and Cher should only be played at 6:00 A.M.

Repeatedly, until you break the clock radio.

‘Ol’ 55’ by Tom Waits should only be played very early in a clear autumn morning, while you are driving, of course. ‘Anywhere I Lay My Head’ should be playing whenever one finds one’s self on an Amtrak, headed north, at twilight.

‘On the Waterfront’, by John Lee Hooker, is another daybreak song, but it should be an overcast morning.

‘Feel That Way’ by Blackalicious–only on especially drowsy, late, summer afternoons.

‘Blue Bell Knoll’ by the Cocteau Twins, and ‘Ghost on a Highway’, by Mazzy Star–only at midnight, while you are speeding through the city, wearing way too much eyeliner, without your seat-belt on.