Songs with an insanely catchy beat

Sometimes what gets you hooked on a song is a beat you’ve never heard the likes of before.

Which songs fit that description for you?

Always gets my feet tapping:

I’ve been calling this my battle song.

It starts a little slow, but just give it a minute. Man I love this song.

“Lust for Life” - Iggy Pop

I heard this on The Good Wife, and had to track it down and listen to it.

Tally Hall - Mucka Blucka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTP4hZRFsUo

…and also great video…

What do you mean by “the beat”? 4 on the floor? I know a shit ton of songs I love and hate with that same beat.

Spill the Wine - Eric Burdon & War

I was walking the dogs in the woods this morning and it was still a little dark, so I listened to my playlist on my phone (without earbuds) to hopefully scare away any animals that may be lurking! This song came on - I immediately want to dance…so I did! Love it.

Perhaps too well known, but a good old classic…

When my son was in diapers, a reliable way to get him to shake his booty was to play The Romantics Talking In Your Sleep. I laugh every time I hear it, remembering my little baby holding on to the couch and “dancing”.

I’m not a Justin Timberlake fan but “Can’t Stop the Feeling” makes me dance.
(Not that I don’t like other songs in this thread also…)

Richard Thompson: I Feel So Good. The Richard Thompson song that discovered me in the sage and pronghorns of Wyoming.

“Running with the Devil”. That beat is like the pulsing of blood in your temples when you have a hangover.

I’m a mellow woke folkie, but I love “Hot for Teacher”… can NOT sit still during the first few seconds, that percussion!