South Park - general discussion

They’re well liked because Casa Bonita restoration–the place is so much more to the locals than an unhinged theme park restaurant. Also, they’re not unfair with the satire so it’s hard to hate them enough for tipping sacred cows to actually want to do something to them about it.

Primus re-recorded it, if anyone cares to find out what happened.

Thanks. Thought it sounded fairly seamless, considering the syllable crunch.

Pretty poor episode. I guess I’m not cool because I just don’t “get it” anymore. They actually lost me years ago. I guess you can’t come back…

Huh. It’s not that they are always amazing, but I find them about as solid as any point in history. Last season was kind of a high point, with all the storyline about Trump. I tried to explain to my wife that:

  1. Satan is dating Trump.
  2. Satan only gets pregnant through, uh, his butthole.
  3. Up to now, no one has had a penis small enough to fit in his butthole.
  4. Trump’s penis is just that tiny.

This is all vulgar garbage, but I could not help but laugh at the storyline.

I was ready to be upset that Cartman got a class 3 e-bike, and then the storyline was going to be how the class 3 needed to be banned. You know, typical fashion where the media gets something wrong, and gets people angry at the wrong thing.

Class 3 e-bikes can go 28MPH, but only with pedal assist, and are not the thing giving e-bikes a bad reputation. Then Cartmen gets all upset because his class 3 e-bike is not as fast as all of the cheap Chinese ones that the other kids are racing around with.

The show actually managed to get right some of the subtlety in the difference between all of the different types of vehicles that are collectively called e-bikes. Then went on to show people can be jerks on class 3 e-bikes, old fashioned pedal powered bikes, and bikes that have more in common with a 125cc motorcycle than a bicycle.

I didn’t find it particularly funny, other than Kyle’s “no way I’m telling my mom,” but still seemed to show a deeper understanding of the issue than my city council does with their proposed e-bike regulations.

Well, if we can’t turn to Parker and Stone for humor, at least we can turn to them for clarity on the issues. (Which I’m not mocking–it would actually be quite a good thing. Next I hope they’ll tackle school funding; it’s a thorny thicket.)