Spoiler wanted for X-files

Hi all.
Damn VCR. I lost the last 15-20 minutes of the 4th to last episode (with the burned/shrivled thing we are supposed to think is Mulder) I can’t find anybody who taped it and it’s driving me nuts. What happened after he injected the kid?

He ran and Doggett caught him. DNA tests said it was Mulder but it wasn’t. It was actually his brother, Agent-whose-name-I-can’t-remember-right-now. The stuff he injected was something to make the semi-alien baby normal. He did this as revenge on his (and Mulder’s) father CSM. In the end, Sculley is convinced that her baby, even after being changed, will never be safe because of the aliens looking for her and him, so she gives him up for adoption. That explains the scene at the beginning, with the couple getting a new baby.

The burned guy is Agent Spender.

spoiler

Ok, so the guy turns out to be frikkin’ Agent Spender, and when they test the kid out at the hospital there’s nothing wrong with him. He’s PERFECTLY normal, which as you know shouldn’t be the case (Spender de-alienized/de-supermanned the kid?). Fearing a life of endless trouble for the kid Scully sends kid off to Wyoming or Montana or something.
That’s the short version.

spoilerish…

I’m all for suspension of disbelief and everything, but how exactly does a half brother come up with identical DNA? HUH?

They have special TV DNA. :smiley:

Spoilers, even though this episode is old
The baby had elevated Iron levels when they tested it…
And he was injected with an unknown metal… there was more SciFi junk but it made the babe non alien.